Discuss Klein (again) in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
During a moments reflection after last weeks visit to CEF to have a look at the Klein stand. They had several multimeters on show, not MFTs just the normal type Volts, Ohms etc, and before you have a go, yes I forgot to ask the Klein Rep, mind you he probably wouldn't know what I should have asked him anyway.

Any way my question would have been as these meters are mostly imported from the USA would they comply with GS38?, to late to ask now, but have any of you fine folk got any ideas, I have to say the ones on show didn't have finger guards on the probes.

I would have thought that a company as large as Klein wouldn't import stuff into the UK without checking first, just wondering if one of our sponsors could throw any light on the subject.

Don't think some flukes/megger voltage/continuity testers come with gs38 compliant leads like my t5-1000 anyway you may be able to buy separate gs38 compliant leads mind not sure of that tbh .

GS38 is non statutory, which means that although fused leads, finger guards and less than 4mm tips are safer, there is nothing forcing manufactures to comply.

During a moments reflection after last weeks visit to CEF to have a look at the Klein stand. They had several multimeters on show, not MFTs just the normal type Volts, Ohms etc, and before you have a go, yes I forgot to ask the Klein Rep, mind you he probably wouldn't know what I should have asked him anyway.

Any way my question would have been as these meters are mostly imported from the USA would they comply with GS38?, to late to ask now, but have any of you fine folk got any ideas, I have to say the ones on show didn't have finger guards on the probes.

I would have thought that a company as large as Klein wouldn't import stuff into the UK without checking first, just wondering if one of our sponsors could throw any light on the subject.
Do you really care at your age Pete :biggrin:

That may well be the case.
However there is nothing requiring manufacturers to comply with GS38.
If you want to purchase GS38 compliant probes, that's your choice.

Like I say there often not and I don't personally have a set of gs38 compliant test leads
It seems that the gs38 is just a joke as it's hardly never implemented even the top 2 manufacturers don't readily supply them with their kit . But I do believe they are available as an extra with considerable cost to boot

Do you really care at your age Pete :biggrin:

Wish I hadn't bothered now, no couldn't give a monkeys just an interesting thought, going to sulk now

Reply to Klein (again) in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock