Discuss knipex installation pliers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

barneybhoy

I just bought myself a pair of these bad boys

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007C1O7VI/ref=mw_dp_img?is=l&qid=1365267923&sr=8-1

I've fancied getting a pair for ages but hadn't got round to it :p has anyone else used these or got a pair and if so how are they?

I've never had any problem with knipex stuff and always found it to be good quality, anytime I've bought different snips etc I've usually ended up regretting it and going back to knipex stuff, just down to personal preference I suppose
As for the price of them if they're decent and I'm using them everyday then I don't have a problem paying that for them! as I said I liked the look of them for a while now so decided to treat myself

I like Knipex but I haven't bought any for many years. Is it just me or is £47.44 expensive for a pair of pliers???

as u say personal preference a tryed the snips and pliers over a year ago and the chrome plating started falling off after 2 months after 6 months i thru them in the bin , and went back to using the big 210mm stanley maxsteel ones they have lasted me 3 years and still going strong

Got a pair for £36 recently at a tool fair held by ffx in bluewater.

They are very useful for second fix but still find myself reaching for my nws 6-1 tool as the cutting edge is right at the front.

However very good if you only want one tool if your in a loft etc and can cut larger cable as the cutters are set back.

I've never had any problem with knipex stuff and always found it to be good quality, anytime I've bought different snips etc I've usually ended up regretting it and going back to knipex stuff, just down to personal preference I suppose
As for the price of them if they're decent and I'm using them everyday then I don't have a problem paying that for them! as I said I liked the look of them for a while now so decided to treat myself

i use wiha professional snips, they cost about the same as knippex but require big hands to use them or rather to slide hands along them

you open them up fully and there like a pair off bloody shears, but they cut through cable like nobodies business

(got a small pair as well)

4345-m.jpg

knipex isnt too expensive depending on where you get it from

i don't think £22 for a pair of knipex snips are not

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-83888-High-Leverage-Diagonal-Cutters/dp/B0002GV4DE/ref=sr_1_10?s=diy&ie=UTF8&
qid=1365285722&sr=1-10&keywords=Knipex+side+cutters

21PDaB7vevL.jpg

I've used ck for about 6years now I've still got the side cutters I bought 6years ago, there a little blunt but still very usable, they cost £30 but if their gona last u 6years who gives a .....
Got the ck croppers too had them for about 4year, ck quality stuff 100% recommended.
I used knipex for a year when I first started out but they kept seizing up on me, yeah Calvin Klein's tools are the best for me lol!

I've used ck for about 6years now I've still got the side cutters I bought 6years ago, there a little blunt but still very usable, they cost £30 but if their gona last u 6years who gives a .....
Got the ck croppers too had them for about 4year, ck quality stuff 100% recommended.
I used knipex for a year when I first started out but they kept seizing up on me, yeah Calvin Klein's tools are the best for me lol!

any tool will do that if you get them wet, put a drop off 3-1 oil on fulcrum and they will be as good as new

My snips got rusty working in the rain but were OK, then after a while I thought must free them up, oiled the hinge and for the next several cables was cutting the cable instead of stripping it, got trained to the greater force!

The pliers came yesterday and so far I'm really happy with them, they're much narrower than standard pliers but a bit wider than long nosers, the cable croppers excellent as is the wire stripper part. They feel comfortable to use and they're handy for feeding cables through packed distribution boards
It's early days but so far I'm really happy with them and would definetly recommend :0)

My best tools were bought over 30yrs ago. Good tools last for ages, unless you blow chunks out of your side cutters (damn, I hate it when that happens). As it happens, I've just bought a large assortment of cutters, pliers, etc - all Knipex, and they feel that they'll last as long as anything I've had, unless you decide to cut through live cables! :-o

Reply to knipex installation pliers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net