Discuss L.E.D Floodlight Wiring Advice Needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rob12

-
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have an LED flood light here that I'm trying to wire up but I'm unsure of how to actually connect it to the mains 240v UK.
IMG_3772.JPG
Which terminals should I use inside ? Have attached a photo below.

There seems to be quite a few jumper wires on the thing and it has me confused !

Hi Ipf, I don't understand the label in relation to the terminal block....
There are short jumper wires on the label side, should those be removed for wiring or ?

Except that the label has been put on about one terminal to the right of where it should be!
LED IMG_3772a.JPG
There is a jumper between line and switched line that would be removed if it were to be switch controlled.

Switched live to switched live terminal, neutral to neurtal terminal and earth to earth terminal. It all looks pretty well labelled to me. If you don't have a permanent live don' remove the link.

This is a floodlight with emergency back up but presumably there is no battery pack supplied?
The wiring depends on how you are going to use it.
Post #10 is one way this may be another
but I do not know how the EM side of the light is operated.
LED terminal block.gif

Superb diagram buddy, thanks very much ! Will wire it tomorrow.
It's to mount above the garage doors and operate by an on/off switch when needed.
There is no battery pack inside - however there are 2 wires in the rear case for connecting a battery.
Thanks again for the great diagram fella

on the longer terminal block. L -1, S/L -4, N -5. (if you need the perm L to keep the battery back-up charged, otherwise don't use perm L.).

The obvious was correctly followed, don't open the box to read the instructions, post a thread up on here so us sad gits with no life can have something to do.
keeps you out of the pub. stop whinging. :)

Reply to L.E.D Floodlight Wiring Advice Needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net