Discuss L & N Volts in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
I was round at my local changing some busted kitchen sockets and I thought I'd give them a quick Zs PSC PFC check
however on one I was reading 240 V L N and 67V N E the meter would not do a PFC and the PSC was 660A with a Zs of 45 Ohms which is within range more investigation is needed obviously so wheres the N E volts coming from? looks like I will be down the pub a lot this week and I bet the good lady wont mind a bit :26:
Pict

what voltage did you measure L-E ? if thats 240V then you've got a poor N connection somewhere. Zs of 45ohms, TT?

biggest problem is after imbibing of a few. the red wire goes somewhere in a hole i can' t shee. the black lid thing ish shurplush to rekwi, requi, riqou, needs, ish dropshed the blurry shcrews in the shellar, bugger it , gish another pint.

I have not yey measured Ze I think this is going to more of a job than I first thought, I have been back round to have a proper look, the whole place is 3 phase with 7 DB's at some time there have been RCD's spliced into the supply for 3 boards 2 of which do not respond to the test button, one old cast iron DB has the fuses in the neutrals, I kid you not, 3 of the circuits are copper sheathed going into about 6 inches of render/plaster god knows what they serve or used to serve 2 boards on the upper floors have RCD's of the same rating as the incomer RCD's if you know what I mean, some fuses 3036 are wired with bits from a coat hanger ? but yes the Neutrls look like an issue Oh and theres a DB in the cellar with it's own running water
Pict

First thing you should do is check the Ze to the supply arrangements TNCS TT or TNS ,no point doing a Zs if the ze is incorrect or a fault is apparent , by what you have said i think a PIR would be benificial

Reply to L & N Volts in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net