Discuss Labour Leadership in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That may well be an ISIS tactic, its certainly not an Muslim doctrine

Most parts are London are probably within reach of folks suitable equipped to deal with an "event" in the same way as the French did, I doubt we've got the resources anywhere else.

Hmmmm interesting not sure the Hamas bombers over the years, the twin tower bombers, the london 07/07 and the list goes on were anything at all to do with ISIS............what do you think?

Hmmmm interesting not sure the Hamas bombers over the years, the twin tower bombers, the london 07/07 and the list goes on were anything at all to do with ISIS............what do you think?

ISIS is just a distillation of those numerous terrorist groups - suicide attacks are simply a fanatical tactic, used since time began.

Not sure that the Red brigade, IRA, Badher Meinhoff group etc etc used these tactics in modern times ..........

Please though name any other doctrine that in the last 20 yrs uses suicide tactics I'm always open to education

Not sure that the Red brigade, IRA, Badher Meinhoff group etc etc used these tactics in modern times ..........

Please though name any other doctrine that in the last 20 yrs uses suicide tactics I'm always open to education

No offence chap, this is a rather pointless line of debate - whilst those youve mentioned haven't adopted the exploding vest fashion, they were clearly prepared to die for their cause and undertook actions where their chances of survival were limited.

And I'm sure chap that they never intentionally died for the cause they would have much rather walked away to fight again. They were killed like soldiers that they thought they were in warfare, like all soldiers may unfortunately do.

I hope the Labour MPs are allowed to vote how they want and not follow what I consider an idiot is sayin.

Getting back to the original question - I totally agree, MPs should vote individually based on their beliefs, having considered the beliefs and thoughts of those they are supposed to represent.

JC isnt an idiot, he's doing the right thing by wanting to explore the options - thinking that bombing (with just a few planes) areas that have already been bombed for 12 months is simply daft, only an idiot would think that's going to be productive.

And I'm sure chap that they never intentionally died for the cause they would have much rather walked away to fight again. They were killed like soldiers that they thought they were in warfare, like all soldiers may unfortunately do.

Youve made the mistake of giving these terrorists the credibility of calling them soldiers.

Getting back to the original question - I totally agree, MPs should vote individually based on their beliefs, having considered the beliefs and thoughts of those they are supposed to represent.

JC isnt an idiot, he's doing the right thing by wanting to explore the options - thinking that bombing (with just a few planes) areas that have already been bombed for 12 months is simply daft, only an idiot would think that's going to be productive.

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's just another assumption isnt it.

Maybe you know something the Cameroon chap doesn't know, as of this date there's not been a vote so no one knows.

I'd bet a lot of money that if the public were asked to vote, they'd vote against, hopefully having learnt to our very recent mistakes.

A fair number of MPs are rather prone to selective memory loss when it suits their political ambitions so I'd not be so confidant of them doing the right thing.

My post is only my opinion

So many members here feel that air strikes from the UK fleet will make no difference. Yet JC is an "idiot" ? The only top MP willing to say "Hey wait a minute" - A man of principals in my book. ........Yes I know he talks to devils and terrorists and is anti britian and cant recite god save the queen...and his nod wasn't deep enough.....What else ?
I think a few people have been caught in the media's fury that JC was elected leader of the Labour party.
Something I posted elsewhere the other day - Any MP who votes to go to war weather that be air strikes or boots on the ground must agree to supply the closest eligible family member to the front line after basic training - I wonder how that would effect their thinking if it were their own brother,son,father ect that was to pack their kit up and head into harms way.
Lastly these Labour MP's clamoring for war are the much the same people as sent the boys into Iraq and Afghanistan - and have almost "apologized" for their collective mistake......Of course it was that bloke Blairs fault and he's run away lol. You have to ask yourself do we/they never learn from mistakes ? Or is it ok just to keep apologizing ?

The bad guys would have done their worst by the time the cavalry arrived - great for the war mongers and photo journalists

True. Not much you can do after someone's walked onto a bus or tube train and blown themselves up, except pick up the pieces and care for the injured. Unless you're going to have airport style security at every railway station and bus stop we're going to have to put up with (and pay for) greater surveillance, which some won't feel comfortable with, but the alternative is worse.

So many members here feel that air strikes from the UK fleet will make no difference. Yet JC is an "idiot" ? The only top MP willing to say "Hey wait a minute" - A man of principals in my book. ........Yes I know he talks to devils and terrorists and is anti britian and cant recite god save the queen...and his nod wasn't deep enough.....What else ?
I think a few people have been caught in the media's fury that JC was elected leader of the Labour party.
Something I posted elsewhere the other day - Any MP who votes to go to war weather that be air strikes or boots on the ground must agree to supply the closest eligible family member to the front line after basic training - I wonder how that would effect their thinking if it were their own brother,son,father ect that was to pack their kit up and head into harms way.
Lastly these Labour MP's clamoring for war are the much the same people as sent the boys into Iraq and Afghanistan - and have almost "apologized" for their collective mistake......Of course it was that bloke Blairs fault and he's run away lol. You have to ask yourself do we/they never learn from mistakes ? Or is it ok just to keep apologizing ?

Honest principles Diddy, but going war against the ISIS wouldn't, I think involve conscription, we have enough high tech weapons ans SFs to do our bit, I agree it's a difficult scenario but if we don't do anything and sit around on our behinds, we could be next in line for another bombing, we are already bombing ISIS in Iraq, can't see much difference in moving over to Syria, except for the poor Syrians they have had it rough for a long time poor devils, but in my opinion we have to say enough is enough, bite the bullet and go for it, despite the pacifists, and before anyone says "bet you wouldn't go" I have been to iffy places and was scared witless and I certainly don't want that for this country, we are after all fighting for our way of life.

Will bombs from British planes do anything not already being done by the bombs being dropped by numerous others over there ?

There's far more intelligent ways to defeat ISIS, and its nothing to do with pacifism.

Will bombs from British planes do anything not already being done by the bombs being dropped by numerous others over there ?

There's far more intelligent ways to defeat ISIS, and its nothing to do with pacifism.

Go on then name some

Reply to Labour Leadership in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net