Discuss Lack of testing? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

punter

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question or it's too simple (mods please move if you need to) but I have had a new cu and sub-main installed (meter moved by dno) and the installer gave me an installation cert. with test results for the distribution circuit from switch-fuse in meter cabinet to new cu (moved 8 feet as the crow flies in bungalow) but no tests on re-connected final circuits. An EICR was done a few weeks beforehand, but there are new and old cables connected in JBs in the attic. Am I entitled to ask for tests on all final circuits? A local NAPIT spark and NICEIC say I am, what do you guys/gals think? I don't want to go off at half-cock or be ripped off.

If a consumer unit is moved and by what you are saying additional cables have been installed to extend the cables then you should have an installation certificate also you should have a notification certificate as this work is notifiable unless in scotland

^^^ just like Nick says + even if this was a c/u change without moving and extending circuits, it would need to be certificated and notified.

if it was a case of the existing CU being moved, then what you have is OK< but for a new CU, all the circuit parameters have been altered, so a full EIC including test figures for each circuit should be provided.

also you should have a notification certificate as this work is notifiable unless in scotland

Just to add to this comment, this can take several weeks to come through some times, so you may not have it if it's only just been done.

Thanks to everyone for replies so far. (thanks button pressed as well). Looking at names and numbers of posts and thanks given by others, I'm honoured. In reply to concerns/opinions, the guy who did the work is on checkatrade for 4 years with 10/10 rating, has C+G 2391 testing, 2382 requirements, is a part p supervisor, is an NICEIC DI (possibly more qualified than that), trust mark member.
@ Nickblake and uksparks: I've received the cert. from building control via NICEIC already (promptly too).
@ Telectrix: It is a new cu.

I just want to get my ducks in a row before I call him back to dot the Is and cross the Ts. It looks like this is black and white, not one the many grey areas there seem to be, but reputation matters and I don't want to be an a***h**e. I'm a white van driver myself, but it's my new house and I want the bits of paper I paid a lot of money for to be worth the ink they're printed with.
Thanks again for your time.

Reply to Lack of testing? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net