Discuss Lack of White mi band strap in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

paul

-
Reaction score
Lack of White mi band strap DSC_0314.JPG - EletriciansForums.net I have Been wiring churches over a number of years in white mineral insulated copper cable and fixing multiple cables with mi solid band/strap but after using the last of what my firm had in their stores on my last job I am being told that it is now not in production and only made as a special order in multiples of 10.
The 12 mm wide solid copper band had the product numbers rszl12wh or rsxl12wh has anyone come across this problem and if so what did you use when clipping 6 to 12 cables to mains position.
As I did on my last job shown in picture above.

If you search for "Copper fixing strap" then similar-ish products come up for plumbers to fix copper pipe, that might work?

Trouble is Paul, manufacturers don't cater for proper electricians any more, one at a time cable, bash it in jobs a good un, don't think that maybe there may be more than one cable to clip. plus the don't teach much about MICC in the get rich quick courses do they?

Can get a strap which looks solid but is in effect a copper ladder incased in pvc but it's not strong enough to hold the mi's together

Trouble is Paul, manufacturers don't cater for proper electricians any more, one at a time cable, bash it in jobs a good un, don't think that maybe there may be more than one cable to clip. plus the don't teach much about MICC in the get rich quick courses do they?
SES (Supreme Electrical Services) motto Adapt and overcome.

Hi SJD the plumbing band is bare copper which on a damp lime morter church wall would turn green, so needs pvc covering and be solid enough to lay the cables flat to the wall but I have a vague memory of once being given by mistake a solid strap which was pvc covered made from aluminium

Band with holes or patent band needs a very good fixing to pull tight (not achievable on a church wall) doesn't look great and struggles to lay flat above 6 cables as I have used it high in church roofs to save drilling solid band

I would not use patent band other than at very high level and decorated to match the surroundings but can't see a way over the lack of solid band

Used to use loads of it for various industrial jobs but I've not come across any for years. I've got the odd roll somewhere, I'm sure....had some white but I think it's orange.
Brings back memories. Years ago, we used to spend hours making up, drilling and making look perfect, different sized clips and fixing with black japs or brass screws.....or brass screws and nuts to tray. Layers of pyros....what an ART.
It's nice to hear others are still involved. I only do odd bits these days...usually repairs.
Good luck with your search, I'll have a chat to see if I can trace some, next week.

So are you saying that every one of us practicing the trade is not a proper electrician?

Reply to Lack of White mi band strap in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock