Discuss ladder m8rix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The company I use to work for insisted we used them and didspot checks to make sure we were using them

Personally I didn't use it because I never felt safe on it.

It's basically a plastic board with the metal strapping plate they use to hold together house roofing joists.

The company insited that they were trailed and tested and would never ever slip but I never felt safe with the ladders on it. Much prefer to put the ladders on hard ground.

Certainly don't use them on polished wood or decroative floors as the spikes will ruin it.

Ok on grass as a flat surface as long as the ground is hard enough otherwise the board slopes

The sales reps came into the company to do training and showed ladders at all angles that didn't slip but it certainly never made me feel any safer if anything I felt worse using it. That's just my personal opinion though

The company I use to work for insisted we used them and didspot checks to make sure we were using them

Personally I didn't use it because I never felt safe on it.

It's basically a plastic board with the metal strapping plate they use to hold together house roofing joists.

The company insited that they were trailed and tested and would never ever slip but I never felt safe with the ladders on it. Much prefer to put the ladders on hard ground.

Certainly don't use them on polished wood or decroative floors as the spikes will ruin it.

Ok on grass as a flat surface as long as the ground is hard enough otherwise the board slopes

The sales reps came into the company to do training and showed ladders at all angles that didn't slip but it certainly never made me feel any safer if anything I felt worse using it. That's just my personal opinion though

Thanks for your message, why did it make you feel worse? Was the product poorly made?

Wasn't poorly made no, the ones I had to use did feel a bit home made in the shed If you see what I mean. This was 6 years ago so things have probably changed.

I get the physics behind it i.e. Lots of small surface areas creates bigger resistance to the floor.

I personally just never felt safe on it felt like it would slide. I much rather have the rubber feet of the ladders on the floor

Wasn't poorly made no, the ones I had to use did feel a bit home made in the shed If you see what I mean. This was 6 years ago so things have probably changed.

I get the physics behind it i.e. Lots of small surface areas creates bigger resistance to the floor.

I personally just never felt safe on it felt like it would slide. I much rather have the rubber feet of the ladders on the floor

Oh ok, I get what you mean. Cheers

Looks good, though I don't think I'd want to use it on ice. I prefer to use rope to tie the ladder where possible.

it's meant to have spikes on the bottom that dig in to the surface and stop it from slipping, i'd be sceptical using a ladder on ice either way

I've actually bought one a few weeks ago and have just tried it out for the first time this week wiring high level lights in a barn. So far only tried it out on concrete floor but I like it. It might just be a trick of the mind be it seems secure and I'll continue using it.

If I have a horrible accident using them I'll be sure to let you know!

Just an update. I ended up buying one. It seems well built and looks the part, haven't actually used it yet though :) I'll let you know what I think once I've tried it out.

Reply to ladder m8rix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net