Discuss Ladder tray installation please help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sarge91

I have come across the need to fabricate a set in 450mm ladder cable tray, the incline is only about 200mm apart from the tip of both ends of the tray. the distance is about 830mm from tip to tip, now I know I need to cut both ends of the peice which I am going to install and the current tray already in place so that the lips of the tray meet perfectly and one does not sit higher then the other when changing from the decline/incline back to running horrisontal. Could someone please with either words or some form of diagram explain to me the universal way to know how much to cut out of both ends of new and excisting ladder tray so the angle is met and the edges line up so both lips start and finish on the same level, apparently this can all be achieved with a tape measure, i shall try to post any more information that is required , many thanks.

Measure the angle needed to form your set using an adjustable square. Whatever this angle is, mark & cut half of it into each section of tray i.e, if your angle was 45 degrees, cut an angle of 22.5 degrees on the end of the existing piece and the end of the new piece and they will butt together perfectly and form a 45 degree angle.

Not dead easy with ladder but do-able with superslim cutting discs for your grinder.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with those joiners is that the lips of the tray then dont meet and are floating in mid air the job I am working on requires it to look as though one flowing lenght with no gaps , apparently you have to do something like work out the angle then cut half of it out each end at an angle to make it fit but im not sure how to get my measurements which is the problem , many thanks though.

Reply to Ladder tray installation please help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net