Discuss LAP Carp - who designs this stuff? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

And I see there's plenty of room for a fixing screw to snag a live cable... What sort of screw are you using? A nice silver countersunk would look great on the front of that.

Assuming there's not a hidden bracket for this fitting

i had fitted some the other day ,and i did not have problem .so what are you crieing about ,was it to hard for you .and now you have altered the tails for the fitting ,where are the cloth heat cover you took off .or you sending them back to china in a letter say not needed ,willy fixit ok .

All these fittings nowadays even the major lighting brands seem to only have enough room for a 0.75 flex

i had fitted some the other day ,and i did not have problem .so what are you crieing about ,was it to hard for you .and now you have altered the tails for the fitting ,where are the cloth heat cover you took off .or you sending them back to china in a letter say not needed ,willy fixit ok .

Just making a point really - it was a squeeze and a bit unnecessary imho. And working off steps in the cold it was a lot easier to only have to push in the solid cores.
Heat covers were only on 3 wires and theres no way these things will get remotely warm so I reckon they were OTT. The PIRs are probably bought in items by LAP and come with them in case they're shoved in next to a 1000W halogen lamp!

Heat covers were only on 3 wires and theres no way these things will get remotely warm so I reckon they were OTT. The PIRs are probably bought in items by LAP and come with them in case they're shoved in next to a 1000W halogen lamp!
maybe I'm nit picking the people designing them light fitting put those heat covers on for reason
why don't you send the company that make them a letter tell the designer the fitting are c77P.and they will give you the answer.

One problem I see is the new set up isn't designed to take three conductors in the push side (neutral)

As far as I am aware those Wago connectors that have been used in your modification are only designed for 1 flex cable whereas you have inserted 3.

You seemed to have fixed a problem that didn't exist and in doing so created a few new problems.

As far as I am aware those Wago connectors that have been used in your modification are only designed for 1 flex cable whereas you have inserted 3.

You seemed to have fixed a problem that didn't exist and in doing so created a few new problems.
always with the negative waves, moriarty. always them negative waves. :D:D:D.
LAP Carp - who designs this stuff? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to LAP Carp - who designs this stuff? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock