Discuss Laptop charger in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jaym98

Hello,

I had an animal bite through the wiring of my laptop charger and being an apprentice Electrician, decided to connector block the live and neutral cables (blue and brown) I just wanted to know if this is safe and will be okay to use? I believe it had a 240v input and a 19v output.

Thanks for any replies.

Laptop charger DSC_0092.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Hi Jay - no - all cable joints to be contained in an enclosure and provided with strain relief. I would advise replacing the cable as its going to cop a lot of flexing and if it comes apart it would be very bad. Hopefully it's detachable from the charger. How is animal?

Hi dude,you can get power leads off ebay for a couple of quid,probably not worth the effort or risk.

Also,change that picture...it's rotting my teeth :)

I'd go with post #3.
or you could use solder and heatshrink.

You should see what we were using for one of our laptops a couple of weeks ago! Dog chewed it, and needed charge quickly to get some documents off of it, had to just wing it and twist the wires, stood there while it charged enough to use, then binned the charger and clouted the dog. ha

Reply to Laptop charger in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock