Discuss Large Benjamin's health & safety in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Following on from some recent mishaps, I'm sure you've all read about the story of Big Ben being silenced for four years, and some suggesting story it's Health & Safety go mad;

Big Ben's bongs to fall silent for four years for repairs | Daily Mail Online - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4788218/Big-Ben-s-bongs-fall-silent-FOUR-YEARS-repairs.html

The hype is now suggesting that the workers should get a grip, and where some very expensive 'active' ear defenders, and let the bells ring out.

Now I visited London last year and went to see the Elizabeth Tower and hear Big Ben for myself, very impressive I have to say. You can hear it anywhere almost within the City of London, well almost. So I wouldn't want to working on the outside cleaning up the stonework, with the damn thing chiming every quarter of an hour. No granted, not every worker would of been subjected to the 'Bells', but do you not think is not unreasonable, to turn them off for 4 years?

The bells the bells Esmeralda o_O

Large Benjamin's health & safety upload_2017-8-16_12-40-28 - EletriciansForums.net

Following on from some recent mishaps, I'm sure you've all read about the story of Big Ben being silenced for four years, and some suggesting story it's Health & Safety go mad;

Big Ben's bongs to fall silent for four years for repairs | Daily Mail Online - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4788218/Big-Ben-s-bongs-fall-silent-FOUR-YEARS-repairs.html

The hype is now suggesting that the workers should get a grip, and where some very expensive 'active' ear defenders, and let the bells ring out.

Now I visited London last year and went to see the Elizabeth Tower and hear Big Ben for myself, very impressive I have to say. You can hear it anywhere almost within the City of London, well almost. So I wouldn't want to working on the outside cleaning up the stonework, with the damn thing chiming every quarter of an hour. No granted, not every worker would of been subjected to the 'Bells', but do you not think is not unreasonable, to turn them off for 4 years?

The bells the bells Esmeralda o_O

View attachment 37844
Never bothered this Bloke.

Why not employ deaf people to do the work?
That way they tick their disabilities box as well.

Pull it down and build flats in its place.

Unfortunately we, as a nation, are a bit too attached to history and tradition for that to happen.

Just look at BS7671, the IET could start from scratch and make the 18th a completely new set of regulations. But they don't, they stick with the tradition and continue to adapt and alter something which was first written over a hundred years ago!

Reply to Large Benjamin's health & safety in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock