Discuss Large building shut down in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
just looked at a job 800 circuits so it is a bit building.
They regularly have maintenance and shut downs on the LV equipment.
Would it ever been acceptable to limitate the LV equipment if a shut down wanted to be avoided by the client?

Would it ever been acceptable to limitate the LV equipment if a shut down wanted to be avoided by the client?
Not sure what you mean Chris," limitate the LV equipment" any chance you could explain a bit better what you mean?

thought it was me pete. i could not understand the question either. @ OP. did you ever consider working for C&G?

It should be noted to the client that any limitations and especially a large amount of them make the report less valuable in terms of safety and factual content.

It should be noted to the client that any limitations and especially a large amount of them make the report less valuable in terms of safety and factual content.
I could be inclined to agree with you Ian, if I knew what the OP really meant by his post. Not having a dig at the OP, just that the post was less than informative.

I think he’s saying that they have regular shut downs on equipment which is then inspected and if needed maintained?
So he maybe doesn’t need to test these circuits/equipment because they receive regular maintenance?

I believe GN3 gives guidance on this subject.
Or I maybe incorrect, I’ve not looked at it since I did my inspection and testing exams 3 years ago!

I think the OP is using this example of a large building having planned shutdowns to raise the question of whether it is ever really necessary to have limitations on EICRs etc due to not being able to turn things off.

The OP asked the question on Saturday, he has had some replies, although trying to be helpful the post was so difficult to understand it is impossible to help him. That said it is now Tuesday and he has not returned, I can only assume he has forgotten where he posted this difficult to understand post lol.

Reply to Large building shut down in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net