Discuss large commercial test, price per circuit? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mansabadman

Hi all, I've been asked to carry out a test for a local firm on a large commercial property (200 circuits+), but have been asked to do it on a price per circuit basis. I haven't had to do it this way before and am just wondering what the going rate is. I know a guy who was testing a prison I was working in was being paid £8 per circuit. Is this about right?? Cheers in advance!

Re: large commercial test, pricve per circuit?

£8.00 per circuit????

are you mad or desperate??

do you have the previous reports and detailed drawings of the circuits to use???

£8.00 per circuit????

are you mad or desperate??

do you have the previous reports and detailed drawings of the circuits to use???
No not mad or desperate, just saying what a guy who was testing the prison I was working in was being paid per circuit, but thank you for taking an interest in my general well being!!! So what would you say is an acceptable rate then?

You don't do a 100% test of the install you offer a reduced overall impression of the full installation by say doing a 40%-60% and if you find too many issues you then recommend further testing in the write up...if you price for full inspection you will never win the contract but you must ensure both customer and 'when applicable' insurance company normally asking for it are happy.

This is the normal standard but some companies, customers etc will require a 100% depending on the nature of the business, public building etc ...that you need to establish.

Such installations are not where I work but I will give my two penneth. You will find it hard to compete against the big national testing companies and their endless limitations and NV strewn paper work. I would be saying a bare minimum of £15.00-20.00 per cct. Also, is the process going to allow isolation of ccts to carry out the testing adequately? And is access to all points on ccts easy? They may expect you to do some of it in the twilight hours if ccts can't be shutdown during working hours. All factors to consider.

Last edited:
large commercial test, pricve per circuit?

A firm I worked for testing supermarkets charges £30 a circuit and they expected me to do 3 circuits an hour..
That was from 2005 to 2008

Last edited:

A firm I worked for testing supermarkets charges £30 a circuit and they expected me to do 3 circuits an hour..
That was from 2005 to 2008
thart sounhds more like 3 circuits in 3 years. taking your time, lol.

Reply to large commercial test, price per circuit? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock