Discuss Last job of the day... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tidy Max

Has anyone EVER had a 5 minute job? I have heard a lot about them but i am yet to see or do one.

Last job of the day, 8pm, change a light fitting. Got there, whole house had been freshly plastered and decorated, along with the frigging ceiling rose. Managed to score around it until it was loose however it then became apparent that the thread had been caulked up.

.......Its amazing what a hammer can do.

i get told that the job will only take 5 minutes on your way home by someone sat infront of a computer and as soon as it hits 5 oclock they are gone. none of them take 5 minutes

Nono, the lump hammers in the sin bin after it accidently smashed my knuckles on Sunday. It started with a hammer that looked suspiscously like my snips, then turned into the claw hammer.

Considered just wrapping my hands around the sodding flex and 'tarzaning' across the room.

The dreaded 5 minute job
It does not exist,so how come it can always causes rage
icon8.png

icon7.png

I had one once. Had to replace a fast fix box in an office which I noticed while I was there doing something else. I did it out of hours because I didn't like the idea of switching breakers off when there were people (solicitors) working on their computers, even though a similar socket (both were cleaners sockets) was labelled with a circuit number (we all know what assumption is the mother of all). The boss said he thought it'd take longer than expected because of something to do with being wired in singles in kopex.
I went in mentally prepared for it to take a couple of hours, there was still someone working, who I told what I was going to do in case they wanted to save their work.
Plugged in my Buzz-it, turned off the circuit which I suspected was the right one and to my surprise it was.
Whipped the socket plate off, hoiked the box out and the kopex came with it. 20mm hole in new backbox, adaptor screwed to box, box back in wall, connected up socket, quick test, job done in little more than 5 minutes.

So they do exist sometimes.

Reply to Last job of the day... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net