Discuss Last two motoring questions - honest! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Percyprod

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Why do some drivers, on a 2 way road, stop if they see an ambulance or fire engine coming towards them. They are not in its way, no need to stop or even slow down. The other one is when you pull in to a petrol station, and there is a queue for the pumps for cars with fillers on one side, but no queue for pumps on the other side. I have a Discovery 4, and it is great for me, because the hose is still long enough to reach round to the other side, so I don't have to queue, if you see what I mean!

You are dealing with the general public and I don't think many of them "think"

Its a bit like waiting to turn right, traffic coming towards you merely need to give you a few seconds to let you turn - but no, they don't (I make a point of allowing such people to turn!)

Ok to slow down to let people turn right, or come out of a junction, but not a good idea to stop, as some people do especially on a busy road, bound to be some one hits you up the ar**, even if they are in the wrong.

when the car in front starts out into a roundabout, then slams on the brakes, half way over the line, when you're looking to the right.

when the car in front starts out into a roundabout, then slams on the brakes, half way over the line, when you're looking to the right.
My uncle got caught out with that many years ago, and I nearly have a few times.
I now watch the car in front and wait till it’s on it’s way, only then do I look to the right to go.

Ok to slow down to let people turn right, or come out of a junction, but not a good idea to stop, as some people do especially on a busy road, bound to be some one hits you up the ar**, even if they are in the wrong.
I no longer “let” cars out or “flash” as the amount of times the signal is ignored or not acknowledged is unreal! Sod them all!
I maintain my speed, slow down and some ar*s will pull out in front of you and then drive as if there’s a block of wood under their accelerator pedal:mad:

Yes, I find it comical when every body is queuing at the petrol station to use the pump that is the same side as their filler cap, yet the opposite pumps are free. It’s even more comical to drive past them all to a free pump, stretch over the hose, fill up and pay, then when you get back in the car, they’re all still in the queue!

Yes, I find it comical when every body is queuing at the petrol station to use the pump that is the same side as their filler cap, yet the opposite pumps are free. It’s even more comical to drive past them all to a free pump, stretch over the hose, fill up and pay, then when you get back in the car, they’re all still in the queue!
don't work for me. even the long hose won't reach to the other side. filler is just behind passenger door. what is most annoying is drivers (mostly women) who , having fuelled up, leave their cars at the pump then spend 20 minutes shopping for their bloody costas, mineral waters and salad & snot sandwiches.

How about people who don't indicate to go around a roundabout and indicate to come off I see this daily. ...?
Funnily enough it always seems to be Audi’s that don’t indicate at roundabouts (or any other junction/cross roads etc)

How about people who don't indicate to go around a roundabout and indicate to come off I see this daily. ...?

I would rather prefer if people didn't indicate on round-abouts - because most who do, do it incorrectly.

Oh yeh and don't forget when turning at a junction, do not turn the wheels/steering right or left in preparation for the turn as if someone shunts you from behind you will get pushed into oncoming traffic rather than if you kept your wheels straight ahead you wont go into the oncoming traffic. This is a safety bulletin from your favourite poster:)

if you hate roundabouts, try and follow this @ swindon.

seems to me that the newer and more expensive the car, the more pig-ignorant is the driver.
They’re most likely worrying how they can keep up with the finance payments on the car and just “forget” to indicate!

Ignore headlamp flashers. If there's an accident, it wont help if you say "but they flashed me to go on"... They can easily say they didn't. Unless there's witnesses.
Ignore indicators. People either use them when they shouldn't or not use them when they should. Again, if there's an accident, you cant use them as an excuse.
Ignore tractors. They shouldn't be on the road anyway.
Ignore speed limits. Everyone else does.
Ignore cyclists. Like the driver of the mini did who tried to squeeze past me on my bike and an oncoming bus.
Ignore police cars with flashing lights. Honestly, they don't mind you not stopping for them.
Ignore Audi drivers. They really don't like you staring at them.
Ignore Volvo drivers. See above.
Ignore the wife in the passenger seat. If only she would let me.

Most people don't even know that the fuel gauge in the cluster shows which side the filler cap is on by the location of the hose, left or right.......

The bigeest muppets are the ones that are entering a dual carriageway where you can only turn one way and indicate, why?

Why do some drivers, on a 2 way road, stop if they see an ambulance or fire engine coming towards them. They are not in its way, no need to stop or even slow down. The other one is when you pull in to a petrol station, and there is a queue for the pumps for cars with fillers on one side, but no queue for pumps on the other side. I have a Discovery 4, and it is great for me, because the hose is still long enough to reach round to the other side, so I don't have to queue, if you see what I mean!

...What about those people who block the hard shoulder,or if you are on certain motorways,a "smart lane",with their broken down Rangies and discos...;)

Reply to Last two motoring questions - honest! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock