Discuss Latest on USB Sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

h901

-
Reaction score
Hi,
After doing a search on the forum I can across a few threads about USB plug sockets and the verdict was that they should be avoided, but these threads were all quite old. So I was wondering what's he current verdict on the USB plugs sockets.

Is it worth replacing standard double socket to a double socket with USB? If so, what brands are recommended?

Thanks

I put a BG one in because it fits a 25mm box, still going has my tablet and mobile in all the time. Mind you the writing below the USB ports has all but gone.

I put a BG one in because it fits a 25mm box, still going has my tablet and mobile in all the time. Mind you the writing below the USB ports has all but gone.

The writing looks stupid anyway, looks better without lol

I actually only got the BG because it fits a 25mm box, when I took the old socket off it was on a 35mm box and I fitted the box, must be my age. The curved corner ones look okay though.

I was told by a wholesaler that the reason the MK USB sockets were late to the market was they were obtaining approval from Apple et al. I have not had them long enough to comment on reliability. They fit easily in a 35mm box

Thanks for the replies

So the best choice would be the MK ones (as long as the box is 35mm)

For 25mm would BG be the best choice?

The Schneider ones are good.
BG have more choice in finishes though, and more choice in the actual USB socket. I believe they do a 2.1A up to 4.1A.

The Schneider ones are good.
BG have more choice in finishes though, and more choice in the actual USB socket. I believe they do a 2.1A up to 4.1A.
I think the range is 2.1A and 3.1A.

Screwfix discontinued their 2.1A Lap ones, jeez they were bad. They have replaced with 3.1A ones which seem far better. They do just squeeze into a 25mm box, unless you are dealing with 4mm cable, then defo need 35mm. I actually used a 47mm in the end!

Reply to Latest on USB Sockets in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock