Discuss Lcm, booster, photo cell key switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mark2009

Hi
Done tube work wired lights and photo cell, the key switch, Lcm and power booster done by another guy, switched on lights ok but they are very dim and take 1 hour to warm up, photo cell not working?

Around 13-14 lights on a long run, if the lights were from the board via a key switch things would be fine.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Mark

Is that photo-cell controlling all 13/14 lights, as if it is, whats the total load of these light fittings as it could be and probably is trying to switch to much load mate, and why does it take an hr to warm them up, what sort of distance are we talking here my mate.

Not been funny, but whats a power booster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that photo-cell controlling all 13/14 lights, as if it is, whats the total load of these light fittings as it could be and probably is trying to switch to much load mate, and why does it take an hr to warm them up, what sort of distance are we talking here my mate.

Not been funny, but whats a power booster.

Hi

Yes one photo cell for 13-14 lights the total load for each light fitting 18 watts divide 14 lights by 230 = 16.4 watts, the booster is within the time clock., distance is about 10 to 14 houses.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to Lcm, booster, photo cell key switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Sure this has been answered before, can’t find a specific answer though. My house was rewired in 2021 and as part of the rewire I had LED lights...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am trying to install a smart fan/light dimmer combo switch (Treat life). I have installed one of these before in another location of the...
Replies
Views
What is the oldest dimmer switch you have seen in use recently? When did you install your first dimmer? (Veteran sparks only) I ask because a...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock