Discuss LD2 FIRE ALARM IN HMO in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,

Ive been asked to install a LD2 system and I've not put one of these in before etc I've checked the regs so I'm upto date on locations etc but not sure how to wire this system up.

Could you please advise on the below.

1) Radials to each zone incorporating smokes and sounders and knock offs.
2) End of line resistors etc etc.
3) Testing the circuits.

Any help would be good thanks !

depends on whether you're fitting a conventional system or addressable.

What you are describing is not an LD2 system. An LD2 system is the minimum legal requirement for domestic smoke alarm systems throughout Ireland. It would be wholly inadequate for a HMO though. Typically a HMO would be more similar to a Part 1 system.

It,s a fire tec ld2 it will be zoned to each floor.
it is a ld2 system
one detector in each room and kitchen heat detector also detectors in all halls with break glasses

What i need to know is do they require a radial to each zone then all tie up at the ld2 panel

with a conventional panel, each detector zone will be a radial with EOL. same for sounders, separate radial for each sounder circuit, each with EOL.

I assume this is a Grade A LD2 system. Are you installing from a specification or are you designing as well.

Sounds like your installing a Grade A LD2 system.
Fire tec panels were discontinued as they dont meet EN54 2.4 2015.
But have rebadged Kentec panels as Fire Tec, they are available as 2 wire or conventional systems....any pictures of panel would help

Thanks Telectrix, Thats the info i was after. I looked about and seen all sorts of ways to wire. Thanks again.

I also have a other problem with high ZE fancy helping on that ?

need to know the earthing arrangements and what Ze value?

Reply to LD2 FIRE ALARM IN HMO in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock