Discuss Learner drivers allowed on motorways after law change in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

had it a few weeks ago. narrow road, dark, transit coming at me doing about 50, i was at around 30. smashed my driver's door mirror off. luckily, replacement was only £20 off ebay. i just hope his transit was a newish one with a £500 bill to fix his mirror.

@elsparko . 6 people killed on the road to where I live over the past years . Four of them were youths(in the past4 years) that lost control ,the other two were pensioners that were ploughed into by a defective tipper wagon

Then you're in the wrong. What if it was a cow in the road, or a fallen tree? You are not driving to conditions. If you can't see round a corner far enough, so that someone stopped round the corner of it is going to cause you an issue you're driving too fast.
my 16 inch brake discs are more than capable of reacting, are the piddly little bits of tin for brakes on a 1,1 up to the same standard?

im fairly certain if there was a cow or a tree, id just stop/slow down and go around it.

if your reflexes are so bad you need to drive at 30mph on b roads then you should have license revoked.

my 16 inch brake discs are more than capable of reacting, are the piddly little bits of tin for brakes on a 1,1 up to the same standard?

im fairly certain if there was a cow or a tree, id just stop/slow down and go around it.

if your reflexes are so bad you need to drive at 30mph on b roads then you should have license revoked.

Well Mr Mcrae, a slow moving car infront shouldn't bother you then. Just slam on going round every corner on B roads and go around them.

Most of the B roads near where I lived in the UK were single track with overgrown hedgerows either side. No visibility and nowhere to evade. 30mph in those places was plenty.

Well Mr Mcrae, a slow moving car infront shouldn't bother you then. Just slam on going round every corner on B roads and go around them.

Most of the B roads near where I lived in the UK were single track with overgrown hedgerows either side. No visibility and nowhere to evade. 30mph in those places was plenty.
thats a different type of b road, im meaning the two lane b roads

the roads up through the the highlands, you can see for miles, why restrict cars to 60mph on those roads, technology has improved since the speed limits were introduced, so shirley adapt them with the technology? obviously dont go speeding around residential areas, but country roads , why bloody not..

@Rob And as Tel has alluded to , a massive tractor parked between the bends with the pronged hay lifter in the down position while he is out locking the gate.

if you have the ability to maintain a car that is far above average in capability, then the speed limit should be lifted

stopping distance charts are based on the average rusty bucket that single mums are driving around in

i could probably crash my car into a tree at 100 and have a very good chance of survival, so long as i wear the belt and dont hit it sideways i should make it out alive.

People who crash into trees very rarely survive . It was trees that claimed the lives of the victims in my previous post.

my car for example doesnt vibrate like it was bolted together by a drunk frenchman
Let us know how you get on, and don't forget to video it.
my car has automatic impact cameras as standard

so if any of those uninsured single mothers try and put a dent in my car, ill make them foot the whole very expensive bill :D

guy clipped my x5 wing mirror off outside my house, cost him £700 for a new one painted from bmw

People who crash into trees very rarely survive . It was trees that claimed the lives of the victims in my previous post.
depends on the size of the root system, but lets adjust it to a very sturdy wall, and im definitely walking out of it with only a dented ego

the only thing ill agree on is that a higher speed limit should not be granted to all, only those who can afford to and those who are able to concentrate for more than 5 seconds without looking at their facebook to see what someone has had for lunch

if you dont know your own limits its your own fault when you push them and things turn sour.

i feel no sympathy for people who crash buckets of rust speeding, theres a reason fast cars dont use cheap suspension, its nice to take the car round the corner

i watched a guy crash his 106 gti, with a 2l engine in it but nothing else uprated, he took off from the roundabout, hit the slight bend and the momentum of his bucket going forward superseded the ability of his coca cola brakes and steering wheel, he ended up slamming into a lampost, which was all that saved him from rolling down a hill.

Regarding the speed limit, I think there should be 'average speed cameras' on every street. Fine the people who like to speed. Scrap/confiscate the car of anyone going excessively over the speed limit. There are to many muppets on the road who don't know how to drive.

thats a different type of b road, im meaning the two lane b roads

the roads up through the the highlands, you can see for miles, why restrict cars to 60mph on those roads, technology has improved since the speed limits were introduced, so shirley adapt them with the technology? obviously dont go speeding around residential areas, but country roads , why bloody not..
you sure you're not clarkson reincarnated?

when you can see for miles on a b road that is wide enough, then it's safer to drive at a higher speed than on a bendy lane visibility is 20ft. hedges 6ft. tall either side. near us is an aptly named lane called corkscrew lane. anything over 20mph and you'll hit the tractor i referred to previously or go through the hedge on one of the 6 hairpin bends.

Regarding the speed limit, I think there should be 'average speed cameras' on every street. Fine the people who like to speed. Scrap/confiscate the car of anyone going excessively over the speed limit. There are to many muppets on the road who don't know how to drive.
most of them in cars that cost less than a grand

if 80mph is uncomfortable for you then you shouldnt be allowed on roads that arent in a city , if 100mph on a motorway is above your comfort level, you shouldnt be allowed on the motorway

whats more dangerous, the pensioner on a country road doing 40mph with a 20 car tailback, or 1 guy doing 80mph on the same country road?

which is more likely to cause other drivers to take evasive action?

when you can see for miles on a b road that is wide enough, then it's safer to drive at a higher speed than on a bendy lane visibility is 20ft. hedges 6ft. tall either side. near us is an aptly named lane called corkscrew lane. anything over 20mph and you'll hit the tractor i referred to previously or go through the hedge on one of the 6 hairpin bends.
these roads exist here too, can go a bit faster at night on these roads, no lights oncoming, hammer it round the corners.

most of them in cars that cost less than a grand

if 80mph is uncomfortable for you then you shouldnt be allowed on roads that arent in a city , if 100mph on a motorway is above your comfort level, you shouldnt be allowed on the motorway

whats more dangerous, the pensioner on a country road doing 40mph with a 20 car tailback, or 1 guy doing 80mph on the same country road?

which is more likely to cause other drivers to take evasive action?
obviously the guy doing 80 wrong side of the road on a bend he's taken too fast. KerSplatt.

Reply to Learner drivers allowed on motorways after law change in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock