Discuss Learner drivers allowed on motorways after law change in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

ive been caught at over 100mph twice, by the same coppers, within a month, on the same road in opposite directions, neither time was i banned.

Well that's down to the copper. I'd have banned you.
Whats wrong with driving the speed limit?

its not a silly extreme, its the speeds they are "safely allowed to give chase" so answer the question?

Maybe cause they have had advanced driving lessons for that situation or whatever lesson they have.. You will have to ask them... No it doesn't mean that anyone who has taken the advanced driving lessons or whatever the police do can then drive at 150 mph. That would be stupid.

i guess the police have some magic skill that lets them drive "safely" at 150mph+?

either speeding is dangerous full stop or its not.

Their skills are gained through intensive training programmes that not only monitor their skills but also their temperament and performance, much the same as firearms trained police.

But then, you already know this.

Maybe cause they have had advanced driving lessons for that situation or whatever lesson they have.. You will have to ask them... No it doesn't mean that anyone who has taken the advanced driving lessons or whatever the police do can then drive at 150 mph. That would be stupid.
why not? its either safe for them to do or its not, does the uniform give them magic abilities?

take note of the "cockpit" of this vehicle, notice how badly the car is damaged, but one part of the car is still in tact? could you see a corsa or other rust buckets coming out of a crash at 180mph and still survive? unlikely.

2011Dec062200590.jpg

Their skills are gained through intensive training programmes that not only monitor their skills but also their temperament and performance, much the same as firearms trained police.

But then, you already know this.
which is why i asked, if they can be trained to be able to safely use british roads at up to 159mph in pursuits, then why cant anyone else learn those skills?

which is why i asked, if they can be trained to be able to safely use british roads at up to 159mph in pursuits, then why cant anyone else learn those skills?
Those skills are employed in emergency situations, not in normal travelling. The reasons for which are obvious. I'm getting more and more surprised by the things you apparently need explaining to you.

Those skills are employed in emergency situations, not in normal travelling. The reasons for which are obvious. I'm getting more and more surprised by the things you apparently need explaining to you.
is it safe for them to speed at 159mph or not? im surprised how many times you need this repeated to you.

its not a difficult question, stop dancing around it

yes or no?

which dual carriageway are you driving on that has lights? lights imply pedestrians, which implies dont speed.

bet those bmws and audis leave you for dust when the lights go green :D
Only to be caught at the next set of lights as you coast up...my old Saab left everything for dust or was it oil smoke, god I miss that car

they say a picture paints 1000 words, well feast your peepers on this

bet the shitty little pink car driver thinks they drive safe because they dont break the limit, joker.

image_update_7b328d53e66e0387_1363180309_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

is it safe for them to speed at 159mph or not? im surprised how many times you need this repeated to you.

yes or no?

Your post are extremely dumb.. that's why I have used my first 'dumb' rating... Congrats...

yes or no?

Well due to their enhanced training and monitoring they are deemed by others safe to drive at these speeds yes.
Whether or not this system is safe is debatable.

What I found surprising is that you were apparently unable to make the link between the enhanced driving programmes employed by the police for their high speed drivers and the resultant reduced risk due to the speeds involved.

Your post are extremely dumb.. that's why I have used my first 'dumb' rating... Congrats...
have one back for not being able to answer a simple question

bet you drive around with your tyres right on the limit before you change them, mr safety mcsafe

Well due to their enhanced training and monitoring they are deemed by others safe to drive at these speeds yes.
Whether or not this system is safe is debatable.

What I found surprising is that you were apparently unable to make the link between the enhanced driving programmes employed by the police for their high speed drivers and the resultant reduced risk due to the speeds involved.
how am i failing to make any links? i asked if it is possible for non police to have the ability to be deemed safe to travel at those speeds, if those particular humans can be deemed safe, why not let civilians do enhanced courses to do the same?

one of us would have a sore jaw if we met in traffic and it wouldnt be me.

just out of curiosity , if the government didnt give you guidelines on how to live your life what would you be doing?

such a herd mentality.

how am i failing to make any links? i asked if it is possible for non police to have the ability to be deemed safe to travel at those speeds, if those particular humans can be deemed safe, why not let civilians do enhanced courses to do the same?

one of us would have a sore jaw if we met in traffic and it wouldnt be me.

Because, as I have stated already, even the police grant their highly trained operatives to drive at these speeds only in emergency conditions. Because it's inherently dangerous. That's why some pursuits get stopped. Because higher speed is more dangerous than lower speed. That's why we have speed limits.

Now, I've used my bestest theoretical crayons to draw that one out for you, so please study carefully and please don't resort to threats of theoretical violence, it really only makes you look more of a child than your posts do already.

Reply to Learner drivers allowed on motorways after law change in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net