Discuss Leasing Vs Buying. What should i do? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I currently have a 66 plate transit mwb medium roof after having a brand new sprinter stole last year

Pros
Drives like a car
Quite good on fuel for size
Drives better with a load

Cons
Spare wheels always get stolen(mines now inside after original was stolen)
Was broken into in Manchester and emptied few months back
(Now have deadlocks fitted and steel Barr in doors and expanding foamed and the dodgy drivers door lock changed )

Mine is the last before adblue is needed and they drink it apparently

Get an obd port lock aswell
I also now have a diskloc

I would look into whether Ford have fixed the locks on the Transit.I have heard a few tradesmen say that they had their Transits broken into very easily. Thieves can open the doors,steel your stuff and re-lock them.For this reason alone I wouldn't want a Ford Transit unless you added extra locks on.
Don’t worry it’s getting an upgrade separate alarm aftermarket door lock and additional locks on the side and rear doors. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion Fort Knox would be an easier target than any of my vans :D also have little surprises built in for anyone who thinks they can code a new key for my vans :thumbsup:

I currently have a 66 plate transit mwb medium roof after having a brand new sprinter stole last year

Pros
Drives like a car
Quite good on fuel for size
Drives better with a load

Cons
Spare wheels always get stolen(mines now inside after original was stolen)
Was broken into in Manchester and emptied few months back
(Now have deadlocks fitted and steel Barr in doors and expanding foamed and the dodgy drivers door lock changed )

Mine is the last before adblue is needed and they drink it apparently

Get an obd port lock aswell
I also now have a diskloc
Expanding foam in the doors nice idea :thumbsup:

Buy ex demo (which I did) or 2nd hand ......... let somebody else take the initial deprecation.

If you are SE, just remember you'll get 29% off your tax and NI bill (based on the value of the van)

Big thing in van break ins is now door bending so you do 20mm hole in each top corners of each door and slot 1 inch stainless steel sold rod. Down the full length chop to size fill with expanding foam to stop any rattle then pop a 20mm blind gromet in the top and no ones the wiser even if it’s leased

Big thing in van break ins is now door bending so you do 20mm hole in each top corners of each door and slot 1 inch stainless steel sold rod. Down the full length chop to size fill with expanding foam to stop any rattle then pop a 20mm blind gromet in the top and no ones the wiser even if it’s leased

Any info on this - i am only a simple spark...

Any info on this - i am only a simple spark...

I'm presently looking for a new van also and dismissed the Transit due to theft issues. Presently have a VW T6 LWB that has never missed a beat. Must be the 4th I've had now. Possibly looking at a Crafter instead (just so I can fill it with even more rubbish).

You made a final decision @MFS Electrical ?

I had a Navara for six years. Never missed a beat and done 120,000 miles in it.
I must say the engine was marvellous until I got rid of it at just over 54000 miles but the rest of it was junk- alternator at 40000miles numerous wheel bearings (OEM as well), UJs on the probshaft 4 times(OEM too), numerous spots on the paint that just kept on rusting even after being fixed by Nissan themselves repeatedly, 4 wheel drive packed in twice £700 of quid a pop and then the chassis decided it would prefer to look like Swiss cheese:rolleyes: rotted from the inside out, never snapped though just the rear suspension hangers the diesel tank and the crossmember decided that they didn’t want to be attached anymore. Oh and if the back had a load on speedbumps and potholes made the back end smack into the cab. It wasn’t abused at all it was very well cared for but yet it was still a bucket of Sh*t, Don’t get me wrong though, I loved the thing but what a tremendous PITA it was.

I'm presently looking for a new van also and dismissed the Transit due to theft issues. Presently have a VW T6 LWB that has never missed a beat. Must be the 4th I've had now. Possibly looking at a Crafter instead (just so I can fill it with even more rubbish).

You made a final decision @MFS Electrical ?
I do like the VWs :cool: T6 is just too small but going To buy I think just waiting on a quote back from a few leasing companies and unless it’s massively cheaper buying will be the route for me. Decided that the L2h2 isn’t quite hard enough to park so going to go for the L3 H2 instead. Going the whole hog-Rhino expedition roof rack and Rhino safe stow 4 for the big ladders, leccy windows, sat nav and all the other toys I can get them to fit.

If anyone needs a couple of 20 or 25mm blind grommets I’ve got 200 of them, sometimes I cut the insides out if I run out of open grommets!
Is it not easier to move to a nicer area!

Reply to Leasing Vs Buying. What should i do? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock