Discuss LED 6FEET GARAGE LIGHT BATTENS in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Like the sound of them .
As will be replacing these units which are single flourecent 6300 lumens so need some thing on par as them.
Guess they are middle cable entry same design mounting surface area as standard flourecents?

Any decent LED batten fitting of 5ft and over should exceed that lumen output.

Skypack plus 6ft single is 6400 lmns but tbh there is not much difference in price and trust me 10800 in a garage will be like taking the roof off, lol cable entry is like traditional florry so great for retrofit, cable terms are to one end though so in some circumstances you will need to extend the cable but thats typical of any replacement of any type.
Have a look Skypack – High Performance LED Batten | JCC Lighting - http://www.jcc.co.uk/skypack/

Ok, any decent make? Spec of most i have searched on internet are 4100 lumens max for single. Higher outputs need a double fitting and prices rise. Which is why most garages still use flourecents as initial out lay puts alot of people off.

From what i can find i need to fit a double 6feet led battens to get any way near the output of a single 6feet flourecent which is 6300 lumens. So that will be around 60 watts led as two 30 watt led tubes on one unit? Am i right or wrong with that assumption , as just going off specifications on lights available on internet web sites....

What a lot of people don't realise is the light from a fluorescent tube spreads out 360 degrees around the tube. LED battens direct the light downwards, so may have less lumens on paper but more usable light.
Also, light does not drop off like fluorescent after a few months.

I fitted a load of Ansell Stormloc on a machine a couple of months ago; given the timeframe I can't comment on the reliability but I was impressed with the quality and spread of light. If you fit them 'properly' (in accordance with manufacturer's instructions) they're IP65, but I fitted them on conduit believing they had 600mm centres, so had to drill the back of the fittings. Despite this I found them easy to fit.
They were supposed to be 4000k and were fairly neutral but had a rose tint; a very pleasant light but you'd probably want to be careful about colour matching.

The Knightsbridge ones also seem good albeit not quite as robust, and do have 600mm centres. They seem good for indoor applications and a suitable replacement for unenclosed fluorescent fittings. Again, they give a nice clean light at 4000k, whiter than the Ansell.

I get the impression any LED batten you fit will be better than fluorescent.

Skypack plus 6ft single is 6400 lmns but tbh there is not much difference in price and trust me 10800 in a garage will be like taking the roof off, lol cable entry is like traditional florry so great for retrofit, cable terms are to one end though so in some circumstances you will need to extend the cable but thats typical of any replacement of any type.
Have a look Skypack – High Performance LED Batten | JCC Lighting - http://www.jcc.co.uk/skypack/

I'd agree that the JCC Skypacks are a good fitting. Fitted a load of these recently. 5ft 'doubles', although they're the same size as 'singles' but with two strips of LEDs inside instead of one. There's a range available at different light outputs and prices:

JCC Lighting JC71707 Skypack White 5 Foot Twin LED Batten Fitting With Cool White LEDs IP20 60W 7300 Lumens L:1500mm x H:30mm, JC71707 - http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/product.php/401808076/jcc-lighting-jc71707-skypack-white-5-foot-twin-led-batten-fitting-with-cool-white-leds-ip20-60w-7300-lumens-l-1500mm-x-h-30mm

you could get a couple of these,

images

turn them other way up.

Had a look at those jcc versions. Like the design and quality look of them. Are they just a straight forward swap over from what i have in terms of cable entry and ceiling mounting points.
The ones i have at the minute are crampton plb61t units.
They look very similar on there diagrams.
Extending cable entry is straight forward enough only concern there is as long as they are back entry and not side or end to end entry. Look like back entry.

Are they standard 600 mm centres? Same as 6 feet flourecent??

Think my plan will be since i have 6 6 feet single flourecent in the garage each consuming 70 watts of electric to give out 6300 lumens but doubt now as tubes etc will age to go with equivalent led version which i think will be the jcc type.

Not sure if i should fit two double versions of them so fitting one double on each side of the centre in between the single 6feet versions. However they will cost a bit more and will consume 90 watts of electric. Might not see the benefits of doing that if i have all 6 lights on at once in terms of cost saving ?
So fitting 6 feet led single units might be better in terms of running costs and will certainly be cheaper to what i have at present.

Think my plan will be since i have 6 6 feet single flourecent in the garage each consuming 70 watts of electric to give out 6300 lumens but doubt now as tubes etc will age to go with equivalent led version which i think will be the jcc type.

Not sure if i should fit two double versions of them so fitting one double on each side of the centre in between the single 6feet versions. However they will cost a bit more and will consume 90 watts of electric. Might not see the benefits of doing that if i have all 6 lights on at once in terms of cost saving ?
So fitting 6 feet led single units might be better in terms of running costs and will certainly be cheaper to what i have at present.

I fitted 91 JCC units as a retrofit of florries, direct replacement on suspended trunking, there are a piece of *iss to fit. I also have them in my garage. However i have painted all the walls and ceiling white as that makes a huge difference when getting the max out of the lights. If you want to save on electric use the skypack plus 6ft single BUT in my garage i want light, how much power is used is less interesting as they are on infrequently compared to say a factory, hence i recommend you go for the 6ft twin at 10800 lms

Very true. Wont be in there all the time so doubt running costs i notice a great deal of increase. I could always opt for five feet double versions. But agree with you 1000 + lumens is bright so will only need two of them and change the rest to single units or five feet doubles led versions as people are suggesting for same running cost as a single 6 foot flourecent unit.
Decisions decisions..... Could always change just the two to start with to double 5 or 6 feet led units and go from there as i want as much light as possible without too much of a financial running costs.
If i get six .six feet double units it would sure be bright in the garage i know that much. As walls and ceiling is painted white. May be too bright and i would have to wear dark glasses in there so five feet doubles a better option ?? Need to have a think which way to go with it now.....

The way I'd go is to find out what is causing the fault in the first place, it could be a faulty ballast in the lighting, or it could be a cable that is damaged on the circuit. Seems like a very expensive way of fault finding to replace everything until it works.

before i replace what i believe to be the failing flourecents causing the rcd to trip i am going to swap around two of the four lights that are working to the circuit with the suspect flourecents on . if they work on this circuit i will know they are faulty and will replace with led versions instead . as it wont be any think that has failed if this test works

just off topic a bit. i need a LED constant current driver. 300mA, 36V - 90V. have tried a 36V - 75V but it won't do. the LEDs flick on then go off. I've tried cpc, google, etc. can't finf a 90V unit anywgere.
https://www.osram.com/appsinfo/pdc/...=ZMP_1089786&vid=PP_EUROPE_Europe_eCat&lid=EN
programmable so maybe an overkill?
or
APC-35-350 | Mean Well APC-35-350, Constant Current LED Driver 35W 28 → 100V 350mA | Mean Well - https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/7717774/

before i replace what i believe to be the failing flourecents causing the rcd to trip i am going to swap around two of the four lights that are working to the circuit with the suspect flourecents on . if they work on this circuit i will know they are faulty and will replace with led versions instead . as it wont be any think that has failed if this test works
Is this another case of " I have a problem? I'll start changing everything in sight, rather than get someone into to do some testing and fault finding?"

Is this another case of " I have a problem? I'll start changing everything in sight, rather than get someone into to do some testing and fault finding?"
Yep! Across 2 threads. The logic baffles me. May as well rewire the garage rather than find the fault

Reply to LED 6FEET GARAGE LIGHT BATTENS in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net