Discuss Led door sills in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mount_79

Hi......I have just had delivered 4 sills/scuff plates Which have leds in all 4. I also have a separate cable with 4 plugs on it which obviously connect to the 4 sill plates.

My question is where do I wire the end of cable too......I presume the drivers footwell lights? Is so what wire goes where?

And do I double back on myself with the cable to route it to other side of car for the other 2 sills back to the drivers footwell over the center console to the passengers footwell round to the passengers sills?

There doesn't look enough cable to do this?

Also the cable I have been provided with has a red wire and a black wire with a red stripe on it.......which is the positive wire (there is an inline fuse on the black wire) which is confusing me

Please help

Many thanks

Hi bud, Did any wiring diagrams arrive with it? If not,it may be from an origin where the cable colours are non-standard...you will probably need additional wiring to feed your lights,handed to the vehicles sidelight circuits. You will not really need the inline fuse,as load will be minimal,and they invariably get placed out of reach and forgotten. You will also need to have a long,hard look at yourself,your life,and what you intend for your future,as,if you have the time and inclination to fit devices,merely to slightly illuminate a vehicles cills...you must have no tidying,cleaning,recycling to do,no elderly relatives to visit,DEFINATELY no children,no urge to read or cook or entertain...in short,i am worried about you,and will be forwarding your forum name to the relevant helplines and agencies who are better equipped to assist you.Now,i must go back in my sense-deprivation tank....:stooge_curly:

Reply to Led door sills in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net