Currently reading:
LED down lights flickering and going off

Discuss LED down lights flickering and going off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

just wondering if if anyone can help me.

ive just installed a set of 3 LED downlights, on there own circuit. They keep flickering on/off the go off for like 10-30 seconds then come back on. Driving me mad. they no dimmer used as I see this is a common issue with flickering downlights.

I've checked and made sure the transformer is no were near the fittings and they no insulation covering the transformer or any fittings. They no loose connections and continuity is as expected very low reading.

can anyone enlighting me?

Yes wired with a standard single gang switch straight to board on its own mcb.it definitely a driver not a transformer. They all flash or go off together not individually. I can only assume it something to do with the driver.

So does this happn when they are first switched on?

Are these mr16 or proprietary?

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I right in thinking,with some of these lighting packs, the LED lamps are wired in series? So if one's faulty, the others will respond accordingly? Perhaps some details of the fittings. The ones I've fitted, are connected into a central connection box, so wouldn't of thought were in series.

Last edited:
okay thanks guys.

They were on for about 4 hours and did the flashing and going off the whole time.

so sounds like i need to take them back for a swap. Pain in the back side having to removing them and then reinstalling them again, but its just one of them things i suppose.

'Sometimes' these kits have good maufacturers instructions with them explaining possible faults. I would read the MI leaflet thoroughly as they may detail this exact occurance. Have you got a link to the exact kit you have bought?

Reply to LED down lights flickering and going off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back