Discuss LED downlight - best option? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ash_s3

Got a few jobs coming up (mostly bathrooms) requiring LED downlights.

What are your preferences?

Ive mainly used GU10 cans with retrofit lamps mostly due to cost in the past but dedicated fittings seem to be getting more reasonable now.

I've used LEDhut lamps which were fine, Kosnic in my own house which are ok, aswell as a couple of NVC garland dedicated LED spots that seem really good.

Also installed 3 Ansell TITAN Led fittings in a customers kitchen, very high ceilings so opted for a high output fitting (850lumens), very bright, well put together and 7yr warranty but I've been back over the last 12 months and replaced each one!!

Just want a good fitting that I won't be called back to around £20-£25 inc vat. Any suggestions?

cheers

You won't go far wrong with JCC led 6 fittings , they are all IP66 rated fully sealed guaranteed and come in the 3 finishes and in cool, warm or daylight white ....

Cheers RG, seen them but they're right at the top of the price range along with the Halers H2s which I hear a lot about. Just a struggle to convince people they're worth the £30-£35 a fitting!!

Thats what Eddies do them near me and ask also if I have been quoted cheaper as well, I told them Denmans at £21 and they matched it ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 147
Collingwood Haler H2s or Aurora M10s.

The only two bog standard domestic LED downlights I'd consider using.

Hello Mr Skelton

have you considered the JCCs...? They have a 10 year domestic use guarantee.

Ive fitted about 90 in the last 18 months and only one has failed.

i print the guarantee out so the owner of the light has it.... Then they can get a new one and arrange a price and a time :)

Just looking in Denmans connector , standard fitting = £21.95, Dimmable = £25.50, Tilt = £36.56, + vat , You can always order from them if theres not one nearby ...

Everyone I fit them for really like them ....

You must get good discount then because I called Eddies who quoted me £31+vat! Haven't got a Denmans near me.

There’s a Denmans just down the road from you on Stafford Park 17 in Telford. You don’t even have to be in on the day of the delivery. Just tell them where to hide the stuff.:wink:

Hello Mr Skelton

have you considered the JCCs...? They have a 10 year domestic use guarantee.

Ive fitted about 90 in the last 18 months and only one has failed.

i print the guarantee out so the owner of the light has it.... Then they can get a new one and arrange a price and a time :)

Only if they are registered by batch number and with your installer details on their website - which I do for the client as part of my value add!

Halers or ksr as a cheaper alternative for a complete downlights.
ansell I cage or Nvc if a seperate fitting plus a GE led lamp

Where do you get yours Spartykus I see your local to me?

Ay up eck as like & so on. Where be thee?

buy all mine from Electric Center. Brierley Hill. Ask for Mike or Shaun say Nick sent you ;-) similar price to the good prices above. Every light marked up. Bonus.

Reply to LED downlight - best option? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net