Discuss LED & Halogen on same circuit - Halogens no longer work in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

Ed1991

I have 5 lights in my garden on the same circuit, they were all previously small industrial looking fluorescent tube lights. Last weekend I replaced two of them with standard halogen light fittings (Astro 0483 | Homefield 1 Light Outdoor Wall Light - https://www.oceanlighting.co.uk/garden-lights-c96/wall-lights-c101/astro-0483-homefield-1-light-outdoor-wall-light-black-ip44-p24102/s25350?gclid=CJzmzpLFydQCFUKx7Qod7oEC2g) and put a 40w vintage style halogen filament bulb in each and they worked fine. This weekend I replaced the other 3 lights with small 1w 240v LED lights and initially all the lights worked fine. The second time I turned them on the LEDs worked fine but the halogens were flickering for about 30 seconds before lighting up. The third time I went to use them the LED lights work fine but the halogen bulbs did not come on at all. I'm not sure whether replacing the filament bulbs with LED bulbs would solve this? Any advice would be much appreciated.

If they are wired as a string of lights (i.e. one supply cable into a light and then another cable to the next fitting and so on) I would go round the lights you replaced last and check for loose connections.

yep.a poor connection seems favorite.

Reply to LED & Halogen on same circuit - Halogens no longer work in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock