Discuss LED Ikea lights battery powered? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Nacho

-
Reaction score
Hi everybody, thanks for letting be part of this group.

I have to apologise firstly to everybody as probably this topic may sound a bit silly, but it would be helpful to get some information about what we are tying to achieve.

Im a filmmaker, and because of my job we constantly have to deal with battery powered tools. I down some equipment, but is always handy to create my own equipment if possible.

Recently my girlfriend and I bought an LED panel from IKEA, and it works really great with all the cameras in the market. We were a bit worried in the beginning because of the frequencies but in the end it was all fine. Now our question here is if we could come up with a solution to transform this lights in to battery power devices, so we could place them anywhere we wanted.

This is the model of the LED panel that Im talking about:

FLOALT LED light panel w wireless control Dimmable/white spectrum 60x60 cm - IKEA - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/ceiling-lights/floalt-led-light-panel-w-wireless-control-dimmable-white-spectrum-art-10302969/

We do normally use VLock battery, with different Wh depending of their size. We do won some 150Wh batteries, but also some 95Wh

V150 - http://bebob.de/en/v150.html

We practically dont know much about electricity. We are aware of concepts like AC and DC, and because of this we are making some research before try to connect both of them straight away.

I hope you could offer some answers or tutorials, in the meantime I will continue to do some research in the internet.

Thanks a lot

Nacho

i'd start by connecting one up to a 12V battery, fitting an in-line fuse, 10A as a starter. see how it works, then experiment from there. as long as you fuse your battery feed,.

It all comes down to what voltage the light panel normally operates on !
could be anywhere from 12v to 36v.
in which case you need either more batteries or a boost convertor.
But YES can be done.

Assuming the panel is plugged into 230V at the present, then an invertor and a battery should work.

But I suspect you are wanting to pick up the light box and move it about freely to any position and angle, no wires attached? That would take a bit more work, and you might look at buying a purpose designed light with internal battery supply and external plug in charger?

Reply to LED Ikea lights battery powered? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock