Discuss Led lap or lumilife GU10's in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Hawk

Has anyone any experience of these LED GU10's?
Screwfix do lap LED's and LED hut do lumilife one. Was wondering which ones I should go for.

I have used many hundreds of lumilife without a problem.
Same can't be said for all ledhut products but the gu10 I can rate very well. Having said that they seem to have changed their range lately.

Went for the led hut ones. Never tried them but everyone seems to give them good reviews. Some of the lights on the job I'm doing have dimmers so this could be my next problem! ?

Went for the led hut ones. Never tried them but everyone seems to give them good reviews. Some of the lights on the job I'm doing have dimmers so this could be my next problem! ?

Yeah pay no attention to the reviews, I've not been allowed to leave a bad one despite asking numerous times. Over 30 orders from them and I've only been invited to review once, and then only on products they specified.

Good lamps though. Just finished fitting 4 in a bathroom. The dimmable lamps are only a quid extra too.

I don't use (and don't want to use) any Lap gear except for their LEDs. I have used these quite a few times over last 2-3 years and found them to be good value. Out of maybe 100 fitted have had two fail that I am aware of.

I fitted four Robus LEDs at home.. One has failed after two months, and after reading the reviews numerous people mentioned theirs failed too.

Got some early GE lamps also in at home, they have all been spot on for five years or thereabouts.

I would happily use Lap LEDs again.

I've used and supplied 1000's of the lumilife ones over the last two years. In my opinion they are the best out there.
Seem as reliable as the big brand ones and at the fraction of the price, allowing for a good profit margin.

I fitted about 36 lumilife LEDs for a customer a few months ago and so far three have failed, I recomended them to a friend, before they failed, and he fitted about 40 of which over 4 have failed but they are no longer doing the ones he fitted and the replacements look completely different. Even with a good mark up there is no profit when you have made a few visits to replace faulty ones.

I have had no problems with a variety of manufacturers complete LED fittings but they are expensive.

I have fitted three external LED flood lamps, cheap to expensive, in the last year and so far two failed only the cheap one is still going. When I got the replacement of one of them to site and just about to screw it to the wall I noticed a casting crack in the case so I had to get it replaced again.

I am getting fed up with LEDs.

Reply to Led lap or lumilife GU10's in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net