Discuss LED light dim after switched off in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sam cook

Hello all

I'm a commercial/industrial sparky and got roped into changing a couple of flood lights for led for a family member. They supplied some nice cheap fittings from Homebase. I've installed a gang ip rated switch, 1 switch per led flood light.

When switched off, one led flood light glows slightly. Now I usually install Ansell, thorn, thoroux, design plan lighting for work and have never seen this. Lighting circuit is original t and e direct feed from lighting feed joint box in loft. It's a tt earthing system and there is 20 volts between phase and neutral when circuit is isolated.

What would be the best fix, should I replace fittings with decent led floods or can I get away with fitting snubbers?

Many thanks
Sam

I could change the 2 gang ip rated switch for a double pole. The only problem is I didn't supply the switch and I would have to pull neutrals down which isn't a major job.I ve never fitted a snubber but I believe they go across the switch live and neutral to the led fitting like the old fluorescents use to have them? I also believe the better manufacture of LED lighting incorporate these into their fittings?

Are these snubbers usually maintenance free? I'm looking at maplins ones and I don't want a reoccurring visit.

Thanks for your help leesparkykent!

I could change the 2 gang ip rated switch for a double pole. The only problem is I didn't supply the switch and I would have to pull neutrals down which isn't a major job.I ve never fitted a snubber but I believe they go across the switch live and neutral to the led fitting like the old fluorescents use to have them? I also believe the better manufacture of LED lighting incorporate these into their fittings?

Are these snubbers usually maintenance free? I'm looking at maplins ones and I don't want a reoccurring visit.

Thanks for your help leesparkykent!

Yes mate across switched line and neutral for around £3 its worth a bash IMO

Danlers Low Load Capacitors for Low Energy Lamps - https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DNCAPLOAD.html

Thanks lee, have ordered two and will collect them from tlc tomorrow, only working across the way from them which is good. I will install them on both led floods. Thanks for the advice mate!

so you've got some cred.with customer and avoided this:

sorry couldn't resist, seeing your screen name.

Reply to LED light dim after switched off in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock