Discuss led lighting in new build in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi i am about to start wiring a new build 3 bed house and needed to know what % of energy lighting i have to put into the house for building regs and what lights other sparks putting in for this that look good cheers

just to save a few watts on lighting, then install a 5 gigawatt cooking range, and a 10megawatt shower.

Standard bayonet fittings are not low energy fittings.

L1A.png

Yer saw that.

You still have to have low energy bulbs though.

As soon as building inspector's gone fit what you like anyway. :smile:

If you want LED recessed lights go for the Halers EvoLEDs. 7.5W a piece and brighter then a 50W GU10. They also have a 7 year guarantee and come in dimmable, non dimmable, warm white and natural white flavours. Everywhere else i would consider standard PL pendant sets purely on the basis that i believe a PL lamp is far easier to find a replacement for then one of those 3 pin bayonet style lamp holders.

Everywhere else i would consider standard PL pendant sets purely on the basis that i believe a PL lamp is far easier to find a replacement for then one of those 3 pin bayonet style lamp holders.

No requirement for these anymore (see oxo's link). Standard fitting with low energy bulb is all that's needed now.

Reply to led lighting in new build in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Metal building with living quarters the panel is on the outside and about 20 feet away from new build that will be 2x6 what type of shielded wire...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a very long time I did a swanky grand designs type new build in the middle of nowhere, so in the middle of nowhere that it's a house with...
Replies
Views
I'm starting a new project on Monday, new dental practice conversion from a shop. Nothing new here, customer doesn't know what electrical heating...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
I have a street light circuit on land I rent out. I need to replace 2 of the bulbs. 1 of them is an old Philips 55W SOX Plus, the other is a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock