Discuss Led lighting in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
Beginning to see and here lots of issues regarding led lighting in the commercial world . Now I no most people see the pay back on these LEDs and are not considering all the problems that they are causing struggling to maintain similar lumen output etc people sitting at there pcs now complaining of head aches due to lights being to bright .anyone else hearing or seeing such problems.

Just changed a whole van load of GU10 and MR16 lamps to their LED equivalent in a hotel in all public and function room areas.
The staff actually prefer the corridor areas now as they can see where they're going !

Beginning to see and here lots of issues regarding led lighting in the commercial world . Now I no most people see the pay back on these LEDs and are not considering all the problems that they are causing struggling to maintain similar lumen output etc people sitting at there pcs now complaining of head aches due to lights being to bright .anyone else hearing or seeing such problems.

Bit confused..

Are you saying the complaint is they are too bright or not bright enough? If that is the only complaint from the customer then I think its more a case of poor 'choice' of LED lamp rather than a fault with the lamp itself. There does seem to be a bit too much choice of LED lamps... spread, lumen, temperature, quality... etc.. that gives me a bit of a headache!

No theres no complaint, quite the opposite, they prefer them.
Some of the recessed fittings that previously had GU10 lamps in were actually warping due to the heat, obviously no such issues with the LED type.

people sitting at there pcs now complaining of head aches due to lights being to bright

Probably more a case of people sitting at their pcs now complaining because something has changed and nobody asked them. Assuming the office is populated by an array of lard-arsed lazy moaners with nothing much to do and over-inflated opinions of their own self-importance. Which, if my various office-based jobs over the years are anything to go by, are the norm. :)

I have done alot of LED lighting in an area industrial and commercial setting over the past year, mainly 600x600 LED panels, Twin IP66 5FT twin strips and Bulkheads with Integral Microwave sensors.

Increased Brightness in an office environment's have been a major complaint and the Increased inrush current of some LED fittings have to been an issue.

Both have been a result of poor Planning.

Last edited:
Probably more a case of people sitting at their pcs now complaining because something has changed and nobody asked them. Assuming the office is populated by an array of lard-arsed lazy moaners with nothing much to do and over-inflated opinions of their own self-importance. Which, if my various office-based jobs over the years are anything to go by, are the norm. :)
it will be the glare from the pc screens that is causing it rather than the lighting.

Reply to Led lighting in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net