Discuss LED lights not always working? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have an LED ceiling light with 3 bulbs (can not be replaced). Each bulbs work but take turns in which one will decide to go to sleep when turned on. They are only 6 months old and is the only LED lights in my house that are doing this. They are not connected to a dimmer and i have reinstalled the lights to check the connection and wiring is correct.

I suspect the LED light is done for but any help will go a long way.

I’m an ex sparky who hasn’t bothered with electrical for years since becoming a chef but know my wiring is correct lol. After all it is just a single light in a room.

Seems strange that it can affect any of the 3 lamps. Bad connection where the feed splits to feed the 3 lamps? Is it a'budget' item?

Seems strange that it can affect any of the 3 lamps. Bad connection where the feed splits to feed the 3 lamps? Is it a'budget' item?
I picked it up from B&Q for around £50 but it was cheaper the the other LED lights in the livingroom and kitchen.
Well, now only the middle works as of just now

Sounds to me where the joint in the fitting that splits to the three lights is loose of screwed down partly on the insulation check it's not something as simple as that if not take the fitting back.

Colours Melanipe from B&Q. I usually try to avoid this shop but they had the style i wanted.

arrgh one of those, thought you might be referring to something else.

As stated previously, its duff, take it back. You have been righty tighty connecting up?

one thing i can say about b&q is that they are very good with their returns policy. no arguments, they just replace or refund.

one thing i can say about b&q is that they are very good with their returns policy. no arguments, they just replace or refund.
because their mark up is like 500% on some items, i needed 10metres of 4" duct, £5 a bloody metre!, no wholesalers for about 50 miles

Reply to LED lights not always working? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net