Discuss LED tape under edge of garden steps in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all,
What is the best way to discretely install LED tape under the front of stone slab steps like this:
cc6626d367dfd02ce18e6708038a18fa.jpg

Is it best to run flexible conduit from the corner of the underside of the step (during installation) back to an area where the the transformer and connections can be housed and accessed easily.

I have just recently installed over 2 hundred metres of outdoor LED strip at a job..
In one area which is an amphitheatre I used oval conduit with 1mm rubber flex back to the hidden drivers.
Many different types of extrusions are available, the best one for steps is a purpose made type which has a flat piece that is fixed under the flags and an exposed part which is the diffused extrusion..

You will need to also calculate your runs from the driver to the LED and size your cables accordingly

Evening all,
What is the best way to discretely install LED tape under the front of stone slab steps like this:
cc6626d367dfd02ce18e6708038a18fa.jpg

Is it best to run flexible conduit from the corner of the underside of the step (during installation) back to an area where the the transformer and connections can be housed and accessed easily.

Yes. IP68 box perhaps?

use 2core h07 rubber flex, try to go on the side and drop down from there, hide the ip rated junction box on the side of the stairs, make it tidy with compression glands, ,
leave transformer inside, in adaptable box or something. connect rubber flex in there.

egg67, thanks for your reply, is there a particular brand of 230v LED tape that you've used? Do you know if the connection to the tape is IP rated? Only ask as I've not come across this option before.
Thanks

Get all my led tape from www.tagra-lighting.co.uk
It's IP67 rated
Have a look at there website
They also sell at CEF, edmundson, burnage LLP
But I just get from them next day dev, and good advice

Anyone have any advice on the best way to fix the aluminium profiles to the underside of a natural stone step. Won't have the space to be able to drill the mounting brackets, will a grip adhesive work on this material?
Thanks

done a similar job last year, had four 12metre steps to light up had the brick layer bulid us a cupboard under the stairs either side and broke each step into 6 metre sections and fed from either end, wholesalers sourced a aluminium profile with a diffuser so couldn't see each single led and we just stuck it to the sandstone steps with CT1 worked quite well but now we can get 24v tape or 240 which makes these situations a lot easier

I was thinking of using CT1 grab and bond, and holding the profile with grips until it cures. Have laid in flexi conduit to the corners under the flagstones, that I can then pull through the leads to the tapes. Fingers crossed!

get corner channel then you can drill fix to riser, or go for a channel/extrusion that are made for stairs and fit them when steps are being built

Reply to LED tape under edge of garden steps in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net