Discuss LED Tape in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone installed long lengths of this?

Customer wants it stuck on top of a picture rail around a room (about 20m), there will also be breaks in the picture rail for doors etc.

Just need a heads up on pitfalls with this sort of length required.

The customer could have it installed might be a bit hard where there's breaks around door ways biggest problem will be trying to hide the driver it's generally used for within pelmets or under cupboard or display lighting installations

The last one I installed around that sort of length required a bigger driver and the tape had soldered tails on both ends, both of which were wired into the one driver. That was in a coffered ceiling though so I didn't have any breaks to deal with like you will.

You'll be better off to break the circuit down into a few lengths, so you'll just need to find somewhere to mount the drivers which is usually the trickiest bit if it's going to be on show!

Over spec the driver (Dim type) & add remote or app via fone on RGB led is fantastic . Use this on kitchen installs above/under wall units or glass shelfs & plinths for mood lighting or disco etc great product just use BT cable easy job .

Reply to LED Tape in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Does anyone know of a Driver for led tape that can adjust the brightness on the driver itself by turning a screw etc ? Just need...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after some advice please. I’m installing some LED profile around a customers bedroom ceiling for some led strip to sit in and...
Replies
Views
I'm starting a new project on Monday, new dental practice conversion from a shop. Nothing new here, customer doesn't know what electrical heating...
Replies
Views
I am installing 9 LED downlights each with an RGB bulb in (i will try attach pictures on them) - anyway I have been told that they need to be...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock