Discuss LED Worklight Rechargeable in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

Vitesse

As the title says I am looking for one that will last more than a couple of hours. I have one that I bought from Screwfix a couple of years ago but it's battery life is only a couple of hours. It's the yellow one that sits on two little horizontal feet about 6 inches long.

Always use it for doing board changes in dark areas under the stairs etc... or when the power is off and I am up in a loft.

It nearly always gives me a heart attack when I am working on a CU and I am suddenly plunged into darkness, initially thinking it's something I have done on the CU and forgetting I am relying on the worklight!

Best off looking at different reviews on Amazon for the different types available. I guess the more you spend initially the better and longer lasting.
Every tool in this trade is an investment and you don't make investments to lose out!

I am a Bosch professional man!

Like the idea of the swap out battery except - you'd have to have some premonition when in a loft to think of taking that spare battery with you BUT I like the idea. Now, which button do I press for Amazon!

Best off looking at different reviews on Amazon for the different types available. I guess the more you spend initially the better and longer lasting.
Every tool in this trade is an investment and you don't make investments to lose out!

Yeah I had a quick look earlier but you get your average DIY'er reviews, which in the real world when you are using them on a day to day basis are pretty irrelevant. Thought I would ask the fellow sparks for their experiences?

Like the idea of the swap out battery except - you'd have to have some premonition when in a loft to think of taking that spare battery with you BUT I like the idea. Now, which button do I press for Amazon!

I would probably have a head torch with me as well but we all know what's it like in the burning inferno of a loft with your head torch acting as a sweat band

I've been wearing a hard hat on site all day for 5 days a week and my leather sweat band now has a hint of cider vinegar (trouble is I like the smell but feign complaining about it - I was the kid in school that constantly smelt his watch strap!) anyhoooo! I was going to shelve out on an LED Lenser head torch 'cause I wanted one but ended up buying two Aldi camping head torches for £2.49 each including batteries. I'll have t'other one one day.

I've been wearing a hard hat on site all day for 5 days a week and my leather sweat band now has a hint of cider vinegar (trouble is I like the smell but feign complaining about it - I was the kid in school that constantly smelt his watch strap!) anyhoooo! I was going to shelve out on an LED Lenser head torch 'cause I wanted one but ended up buying two Aldi camping head torches for £2.49 each including batteries. I'll have t'other one one day.

I bought the LED lenser and paid silly money for it after my old one I bought of eBay for a fiver gave up the ghost. It's another heart attack job, you are working away and all off a sudden it switches to some lower lumen mode and everything starts to go dim.

I found another one, same make as my original one, on EBay for £5.95 from China. Didn't realise at the time it didn't have batteries in it but as it was the same make the original batteries fitted. Had it for over a year and still waiting for it to burst into flames on my head! But if it does at least I will be able to see what I am doing still.

You'll going to get that risk whatever you use standard batteries or any rechargeable battery ,the work light is not going to take a lot of current so even a 3Ah battery should last a good amount of time.

What about getting a small silent generator, having no power is a pain in the butt! Enough to power lights and recharge or power some 240v tools. I think this is the way i will be going in the near future.

Yeah I had a quick look earlier but you get your average DIY'er reviews, which in the real world when you are using them on a day to day basis are pretty irrelevant. Thought I would ask the fellow sparks for their experiences?
I know that it will not be for every situation but as posted on here before and what we used to do is have a garage C.U. with rcbo's with a double socket on a wooden board 16mm tails into supply.

I have Makita LED Torch. When Battery is close to dead it turns off, but turning it back on gives you a good 5-10 mins more time

I love my LED Lenser headtorch. It gives me a flashy warning when the battery is on its way out, then I can dial it down to low so it uses about 10% of full power and gives you a few minutes to extract yourself from wherever you are.

I also have a Milwaukee LED standing torch that uses my tool batteries. I would say that a 3Ah will probably only use a quarter of a battery being left on all day so no chance of getting caught out.

Reply to LED Worklight Rechargeable in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net