Discuss Leds in 18mm MDF - Help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

namsey

Hi Guys,

I was abroad and I saw Leds in 18mm bedroom doors, actually fitted in but i don't know how they were fitted in because when you opened the door there was nothing on the back, only a couple of wires coming out if the bottom hinge that went to the back to the wardrobe, I would love to have those in my bedroom doors. Any ideas how I can fit them in?? My hubby's going to make the doors but we can't figure out how they were fitted in, you could unscrew the LED cover cap from the front, had a cover on that I unscrewed, you could see the actual LED and wires disapearing into the wood.

Any help would be appreciated. The wardrobe also had automatic lights, when you opened the door they came on, How????????

lights comming on when the door open is the easy bit , that would be a casement switch a little like how the fridge light comes on , as for the led's well there are a few ways it can be done that would be a door manufactured in 2 halves front and back routed out for the holes and cable runs then out of a part of the hindged side of the door doing this these cables would have to be oprotected from mechanical damage , but could be quite fun if you used LED xmas lights there is a web site ive seen that do these doors ready manufactured

That is something, i'de love to have that door lol That's what I want to do but in MDF, anyone recommend someone to help me? I would be willing to pay for the project.

Reply to Leds in 18mm MDF - Help in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Next week I'm starting to build a few built-in wardrobes for the bedrooms and I've hit a brick wall on the lightning element. Normally I run 1.5mm...
Replies
Views
I am installing 9 LED downlights each with an RGB bulb in (i will try attach pictures on them) - anyway I have been told that they need to be...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Please can I have some help with the following: I want to have some perimeter lighting in the ceiling which will be using the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock