• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Left handed people, what finger do you use? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Been a long time since I used my left hand for a mouse, ahem not sure what I was doing with my right hand...
But I used it the same way as my right hand - index and middle finger..

When I broke my right collar bone, motorcycle ‘mishap’ - I thought it would be an ideal time to learn to write left handed, 1/2 day in, I got bored as it was too difficult - really sums up my life that does!

I kind of used to hold the mouse diagonally if you see what i mean and used my index finger. But I'm a bit ambidextrous so i have mostly switched to right hand mousing nowadays for convenience.

When I broke my right collar bone, motorcycle ‘mishap’ - I thought it would be an ideal time to learn to write left handed, 1/2 day in, I got bored as it was too difficult - really sums up my life that does!
I can write with both right and left hands. One of my bad habits is writing quick/urgent/call out job details on the back of my hands, on a busy day both hands could be pretty busy looking notepadso_O

As the buttons can be configured to be either way around with os settings, what difference does it make? However, if signalling I recommend holding up a big note saying “This is really my index finger, it is not my intention to insult” Probably better on stiff card, it won’t flap about so much as you run.

i can't use the on board mouse on a laptop. also. it scrambles my typing if hand touches it when typing, so mine has a beermat stuck on it. and i use a remote usb mouse

Is everyone left handed?

I write with my left hand, but everything else I’m right handed.
I think my school wasn’t posh enough to have left handed scissors back in the 80’s, so I just had to use my right hand. This followed onto working when I couldn’t find a left handed screwdriver.

If I had been unfortunate to be born left handed... I think I'd have shot myself by now ! Almost everything is back to front for lefties... from the obvious things like writing and scissors to the less obvious things like turning a rotary volume knob...

can't see a problem with the volume knob. i'm right handed but can turn a knob with left hand just as well as the right. in fact, all car/van radios in the UK are for left-handed use. (except for the posh gits who have controls on the steering wheel).

Reply to Left handed people, what finger do you use? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back