Discuss Lev 3 2365 electrical installation in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I've got a level 2 in electrical installation and have about 12 months site experience. I've recently been offered a place at college to do the level 3.However my level 2 is a few years old and the 2330 version. The tutors at the college suggest doing the level 2 again as the 2330 version apparently doesnt correspond whatsoever with the level 3 2365. They said it's alot more difficult and advanced than the previous level 3 and that alot of students that went from the level 2 2330 to level 3 2365 really struggled and some even dropped out. I also informed that in a few years time the 2330 qualification I have will be outdated and I might struggle doing the am2 with it. I would just like to know the best step should be ? To top it off I've just been laid off a site that I was on for 8 months, so I'm currently out of work but with a bit of money saved. Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Maybe can help...
I've recently finished the C&G 2365 L2 & L3. There's nothing in the L3 that should scare you if you did the L2 reasonably comfortably. The design project is monster so start it EARLY and be methodical. The Maths is fine if you're comfortable with algebra. A lot of use of the OSG and some time in the reg's book. You best asset will be good study skills and putting in the hours. Ask student services for help with study skills. I'm dyslexic and they supported me with digital recorders to ease note taking

Our tutor was excellent and regularly referred back to the 2365 L2 book to build up. Finally, choose your study pals carefully and pre-read the core text books.

Level 3 is now 5357
Thanks Gaz, wasnt aware of that one. OMG....another L3 NVQ qual to add to the massive list of electrical C&G's. Just checked it out, it came out in May this year and it's for the apprentices. The 2356 is for existing workers who don't have an NVQ3 and 2357 is for trainees other than apprentices then. So that's 3 different C&G NVQ 3 ' s presently available for Electro Technical Services.....plus the EAL ones. No wonder the agencies don't know what to ask for anymore hahaha.

Thanks Gaz, wasnt aware of that one. OMG....another L3 NVQ qual to add to the massive list of electrical C&G's. Just checked it out, it came out in May this year and it's for the apprentices. The 2356 is for existing workers who don't have an NVQ3 and 2357 is for trainees other than apprentices then. So that's 3 different C&G NVQ 3 ' s presently available for Electro Technical Services.....plus the EAL ones. No wonder the agencies don't know what to ask for anymore hahaha.
Madness isn't it mate, heads absolutely shot at with it all.

Madness isn't it mate, heads absolutely shot at with it all.

Ben, don't loose track of your greater plan. To understand, qualify and work as an electrician in your chosen area. All while making making dismissive remarks about project managers, blokes in suits but no socks and anyone offering you coffee made with dried, instant s**t.

Hope that helps ;)

Reply to Lev 3 2365 electrical installation in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock