Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers

Please visit our prime electrical forum sponsor - they have the best tools at the best prices. If you find a price better somewhere else, call them or contact them, and they may be able to beat it for you. Especially on an order of a few items.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Lewden Control Gear Direct no longer manufactured? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Respected Member

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    I have just heard that Lewden / Control Gear Direct have stopped producing their circuit protective devices as of 13th May, is this anything anyone else has heard of or can confirm?
    I have used a fair number of their consumer units and RCBOs and will be nonplussed if I now have to tell customers I cannot get parts for them.
    Presumably stock will be available for a while but it will be a nuisance if it is correct.

2. Electrical2go

Electrical2go Sponsor

Business Name:
    Electrical2go.co.uk
    HI Richard,

We haven't heard anything. I'll let you know if we do.

Cheers,
    Ivan

3. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

I would be a bit annoyed too. Where did this info come from Richard ?
    I would be surprised to be honest as they have just spent the last couple of years rebranding it all, making it widely available, and bringing out spd ranges for the 18th edition. Wholesalers have been talking about new populated rcbo CU deals lately too.

4. suffolkspark

suffolkspark Electrician's Arms

The control gear website vanished a couple of months ago..... So something may be afoot.....

5. suffolkspark

just emailed Lewden and got a really quick reply which was nice, the control gear site got closed as they merged head office into Lewden's in Braintree, and all control gear branded stuff will remain available at Denmans

• Like Like x 2
  6. suffolkspark

Actually.... Just to add to this... Ordered a control gear switch fuse from denmans today, just opened box and its branded lewden... So perhaps they are phasing out the old branding after all.

7. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

Yep
    IMAG8366.jpg

8. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    Here we go " you can't mix different brands"

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Respected Member

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    I was told in the wholesalers that they had tried to get some Lewden breakers and been informed they were stopping production.

I assume that the wholesaler heard "head office closing down" and assumed the worst. Thanks for following up. I think most of the stuff I have is now Lewden branded. Luckily the manufacturer does permit mixing of their own breakers, probably.

And breathe....

• Like Like x 2