Discuss Lewden range of rcbo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Went to change consumer unit mains incomer after seized. All good , all tested trip tested the 3 rcbo's covering the installation, passed within time, then function test button pressed and pop.
Retest and nothing, clearly up the swanny. My question is relating to my moral dilemma. Dont want to put a lewden rcbo back in as not impressed with build quality, not supposed to mix brands within same unit and cant justify changing consumer unit, what to do .

I've fitted, hundreds of those products - none have failed - in fact better reliability than other manufacturers I could mention........

How old was the RCBO - I do think they had issues about 4 years ago with a batch.

Not sure of age of unit as no date evidence available, looks relatively modern as style is good indication. As murdoch says, it is perhaps from bad batch so will do like change as see how it goes. Thanks guys.

Personally i would put a replacement of the same make back in, chances of another failing are quite small. then might be worth contacting the manufacturer saying its failed unsure why... some of the bigger and pricier makes will send an envelope and ask for it back to inspect... i did it with an rcd that failed once and got a bag full of goodies for my efforts..

Personally i would put a replacement of the same make back in, chances of another failing are quite small. then might be worth contacting the manufacturer saying its failed unsure why... some of the bigger and pricier makes will send an envelope and ask for it back to inspect... i did it with an rcd that failed once and got a bag full of goodies for my efforts..
Gavin, both you and murdoch are of the opinion to replace like for like so will go that route. Dont want to over complicate the situation.

Reply to Lewden range of rcbo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net