Discuss Lewden RCBO consumer units in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Andy78

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these ? Have been offered some at a great price but I have no experience of the brand whatsoever. I will probably try one or two out but just wondered if anyone could offer direct experience of these ?

Aka Demans Basics. They're OK, they job.

We have fitted them when price is a real issue and everything went ok. Wouldn't choose over Crabtree or Hager but that's probably me being snobby!

If the price is low enough go for it.

Aka Demans Basics. They're OK, they job.

We have fitted them when price is a real issue and everything went ok. Wouldn't choose over Crabtree or Hager but that's probably me being snobby!

If the price is low enough go for it.

Hager is my usual brand. Used them for years without a single issue. The cost of RCBOs usually makes that setup cost prohibitive to most of my domestic customers though when priced against a Hager split load.

The Lewden is coming in at less than half of the cost of Hager for a main switch and 10 RCBO board. Tempting

Hager is my usual brand. Used them for years without a single issue. The cost of RCBOs usually makes that setup cost prohibitive to most of my domestic customers though when priced against a Hager split load.

The Lewden is coming in at less than half of the cost of Hager for a main switch and 10 RCBO board. Tempting
I fit them on budget jobs or if the customer hasn't got a clue on brands. 10way board with 8 RCBO's for £99

Does anyone have any experience with these ? Have been offered some at a great price but I have no experience of the brand whatsoever. I will probably try one or two out but just wondered if anyone could offer direct experience of these ?
Hi
I've been using them on various jobs for about 4 years now, no problems whatsoever.
In fact the boards are rcbo specific i.e. longer in height and make things a lot easier and neater, The problem with all the big makes is that there isn't enough room at the top when you fit their rcbos

I've just fitted one of their double banked boards with RCBO's, I don't like the look and feel of the main switches or the naffy CGD logo (will have that if you get it from denmans or lewden if you get it from eds) but maybe I'm just a brand -----, at £9.99 per RCBO though and the benefit that as far as I can tell its only really the wholesalers that sell them you can at least get a margin on supplying them, other negative is the E and N bars were numbered from right to left, just a personal thing I guess as I know a few are this way around, and they have square knockouts, though they do their own square gromits for them

A positive is the RCBO's don't have the white earth wires to make your lovely tidy board look ----

I switched to the Wilts branded version off these when AMD 3 came into being..... Never looked back and fitting RCBO board's means fault finding in the future is far easier.....

Just done a 19 way box with 16 ways.....

I did a job with a mate of mine today (his job) and used a couple of these as a try. One 10 way RCBO unit and one RCD garage board.
Quite impressed for the money really. Seems to do the job it is made for, but had a couple of gripes with the RCBOs.
The first was the positioning of the terminals which means that the line conductor obscures the neutral terminal. Not a big issue, just means doing the RCD testing before terminating the circuits, just not something we were expecting.
The second issue was one RCBO not meeting trip times. It took longer than 40ms at 5x. The 1x test was also quite slow at 127ms. All the others performed at 30-50ms at 1x and sub 20ms at 5x, so it is obvious this faulty one was anomalous

I've just fitted one of their double banked boards with RCBO's, I don't like the look and feel of the main switches or the naffy CGD logo (will have that if you get it from denmans or lewden if you get it from eds) but maybe I'm just a brand -----, at £9.99 per RCBO though and the benefit that as far as I can tell its only really the wholesalers that sell them you can at least get a margin on supplying them, other negative is the E and N bars were numbered from right to left, just a personal thing I guess as I know a few are this way around, and they have square knockouts, though they do their own square gromits for them

A positive is the RCBO's don't have the white earth wires to make your lovely tidy board look ****
They do not make a AMD3 double bank board as of yet......U sure was theirs u fitted????

I've never used this particular brand and doubt if I ever will.

Indeed, I'm wary of deviating from MK, Wylex, Hager and Crabtree. I think the bad experiences that I had fitting a LAP board acquired from Screwfix, and a CED board that a customer bought from Toolstation might have something to do with it! I'm not particularly keen on the BG boards either.

Reply to Lewden RCBO consumer units in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock