Discuss Liability Insurance claim in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just seeing if anybody out there has had to ever make a claim off their public liability insurance before? Will be my first and hopefully last time within 8 years.

I've managed to chip a quartz worktop, which going to be a bill of around £5500-£6000 :wacko:

Wondering how much my premium could go up by, currently paying £230 with Trade Direct (includes indemnity and tools also.)

Any ideas, nothing I can do about it I know but just curious...

Cheers Sy

Not sure mate but at the end of the day that's what it's there for and you will now be glad you have it!
I couldn't see it going up by more than 50%

I know a plumber who claimed on his after his ladders fell onto an Audi A4 and wrote it off. I just rang him and he says his premium went up by about £70.

never had to claim on mine. feel sorry for you though. shouldn't have thought you'd be crucified for it next premium though.

Will do..... thought somebody would ask, no pic sorry.

Casually walking through a customers kitchen when I tripped up and at the time had nice long (800mm) 25mm sds bit in my hand which went flying - Plonker :90:

Surely if you tripped in their premises then you should be claiming off them :)

My fault not looking where I was going.... held my hands up on this one.

Customer sound, one of my better ones that I've been doing work for for years.

Reply to Liability Insurance claim in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello fellow sparks, I’ve decided to go out on my own. Recently bought a little van and trying to get myself set up whilst keeping my costs as...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
Hi. I thought I would introduce myself on here in the hope to gain some valuable information on setting out on my own. I'm 42 and have been an...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I know that I'm just fresh in here, but....we all have to start somewhere. This post is directed mostly to Spark mates/improvers...
Replies
Views
With me having no luck looking for Electrical work as a Mate or Improver. I have decided to maybe look at a Trainee or Apprentice role. The pay...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock