Discuss life after napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

multimick

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
well i am in my 5th month now after abandoning napit (they wanted to give me 9months membership for the price of 12 months ,,,,long story ) so said bye.Used IEE forms to building inspectors backed up by my qualifications and not a problem as yet.Obviously for landlords etc just used the EICR off here, no problem either, but of course they don't know what they are looking at anyway.Anyone else doing this route ?:wink5:

Yes. I resigned from the NIIC for many reasons but one was that they were quite unable to read the building regs or indeed their own membership rules. I registered my own work for a while which is within the Building Regs provided Building Control accept your qualifications. However. The government, not through the building regs so I don't know what the legalities are, requires the offer of a Warrentie backed insurance for your work. Have you spoken to anybody about this?

In the main I am now finding that the general public are asking for Part P registration before they will take you on. I suppose its realistic since they know that your work is checked by an independant authority and that you are not a cowboy. That is not to suggest that you or I are cowboys but they do exist! I've seen their work.

PS NIC demand that you use their registration process and buy their warrantee at £1.50. Elecsa to whom I now belong provide instructions on offering the insurance and require proof that you are doing so, which is quite easy. They offer such insurance at 10% but of course nobody takes it up.

Yes. I resigned from the NIIC for many reasons but one was that they were quite unable to read the building regs or indeed their own membership rules. I registered my own work for a while which is within the Building Regs provided Building Control accept your qualifications. However. The government, not through the building regs so I don't know what the legalities are, requires the offer of a Warrentie backed insurance for your work. Have you spoken to anybody about this?

In the main I am now finding that the general public are asking for Part P registration before they will take you on. I suppose its realistic since they know that your work is checked by an independant authority and that you are not a cowboy. That is not to suggest that you or I are cowboys but they do exist! I've seen their work.

PS NIC demand that you use their registration process and buy their warrantee at £1.50. Elecsa to whom I now belong provide instructions on offering the insurance and require proof that you are doing so, which is quite easy. They offer such insurance at 10% but of course nobody takes it up.

Ah but the new scheme with the mandatory insurance is just round the corner from Elecsa too. My recent assessor asked me about the insurances - I told him in no uncertain terms that I won't push the old one and won't even tell my clients about the new "mandatory" one - its another PPI in the making.

eh?
what the hell has part pis had to do with cutting this out?

suppose its realistic since they know that your work is checked by an independant authority and that you are not a cowboy.
Thought the whole point to the set-up was ''Self Certification'' ?? So who's this ''Independent Authority'', not the scheme providers surely, they are anything BUT independent!! So who is and when does this independant authority check work??

As for cowboy's, the scheme providers have been the biggest instigator of cowboys, they are registering them every day of the week, and have no intention of stopping either!!

Reply to life after napit in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock