Discuss Lifestyle Changes, has anyone made any. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Squid

just asking as at a loose end and fancy a challenge and a different lifestyle bu the coast, seen another place but under offer converted in to a 3 bed for the owner 1 x 2 bed 1 x 1 bed and a 1 x studio for £780k, the figures add up for the rental income and then I can bum around for a bit more and buy nicer cars, seen this needs some work but if I could make a go of it then I have time on working on a business with residual income.

Thoughts and advice appreciated from all and sundry.

Check out this property for sale on Rightmove! - https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72172112.html

separately, SWD...I think your ongoing costs plus acquisition costs make that proposition marginal...
imagine if you had to rewire everything??? at what cost???
cos you know those sparks are very expensive!

separately, SWD...I think your ongoing costs plus acquisition costs make that proposition marginal...
imagine if you had to rewire everything??? at what cost???
cos you know those sparks are very expensive!
Sell place in London to fund the whole process, can sort out sparks etc etc

If I were your financial advisor I might suggest that with such a big pot to play with you would be better off buying many more places in cheaper areas, and sell them off one by one to fund pension later...nowadays, any borrowing for buy to let is a no-no.

Was diagnosed with hypertension a few months back. The hidden killer.

Trying to control cholesterol and stop drinking in the week. Not easy with this lovely weather.

sparked your interest...
Lol! I see what you did there!

new tax regime kills letting with mortgages attached, but otherwise it's a goer, for sure

I bought some pineapple chunks from a well known supermarket chain and was surprised how knorish theyare, one of my five a day for my lifestyle change, also ive recently started to use olive oil instead of vegetable oil stuff, it clogs the drains you know.

I gave up the notion of paying nearly three grand in council tax...that made me feel miles better;) (#tag SWD project:))

On a separate,lifestyle subject,i decided not to start drinking,smoking and recreational drugs,when i was fifteen...it's worked out great,up to now :rolleyes:

Can't state,i haven't been tempted by a bit of craic,though ...(the spelling saves me from judgement:cool:)

sparked your interest...
Lol! I see what you did there!

new tax regime kills letting with mortgages attached, but otherwise it's a goer, for sure
Cash buyer live on site rent legal rent cash in hand as long as you pay enough they leave you alone, been a landlord for far too long family also so I know the score.

I am not too greedy but if I can have an onsite "business" with a decent income then I can "retire" and do my own stuff and work on other projects.

are you 16 now?
Just joking!
Me, I will live on a boat soon...
even the Readers Digest can't find you there...
no council tax, pay for the fuel you use, push off from the pontoon when the baillifs arrive

Reply to Lifestyle Changes, has anyone made any. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock