Discuss Light switch assistance please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Wilfred

Hi guys, it's my first ever post and i'm probably posting in the wrong place

Iv'e just started level 2 at College and i was just wondering if anyone could explain how to wire Light Switches and ceiling roses.

When do you use Twin Brown or three core for example ?? Could you explain the Loop and Switch line as well ?? Could you just start of as basic as possible please :)

Thank You
[h=3][/h]

Nothing on Relay's mate, i have looked. There are wiring diagrams but they really explain anything

Are you at college right now. If you are currently doing a course you qualify for access to the trainee area where you'll probably get better answers to these types of questions.

Have a look at this post for info

Then....

Apply here by posting a new thread..

Nothing on Relay's mate, i have looked. There are wiring diagrams but they really explain anything

Basically a relay is a form of switch.

It is a series of magnetically operated switches (normally open, closed or both) that are operated by a magnetic coil.
When the coil is energised it pulls the contacts across either making or breaking the circuits connected to it.

But if you are doing your Lv2 you should be taught all about them shortly as you will lighting circuits.

You could invest in a large piece of wood and make up a lighting circuit on it as practice!

that takes me back.., apprentice workshop, 3 way switching lighting circuit on a wood board in singles, cotton covered VIR, and if any cables crossed, smack round the ear-hole. 1967, that was.

that takes me back.., apprentice workshop, 3 way switching lighting circuit on a wood board in singles, cotton covered VIR, and if any cables crossed, smack round the ear-hole. 1967, that was.

Not much changed...

Ime just setting up a apprentice training board in the workshop and my partner wrapped a screwdriver off the lads knuckles as he pulled his neutrals out of the socket he just wired up.

Told him to count himself lucky as I would of smacked him up the side of the head LOL

And just imagine if this happened these days!!!

Its all very well reading books but making up "examples" is the best way to undertand this stuff.

I wonder if the OP will take note or will this be the beginning of hundreds of threads!!

Reply to Light switch assistance please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net