• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Lighting and power to a new motorcycle workshop trackday business. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hey all,

Got to estimate out an install for a friend who's got a high roof shed/workshop and all power is fine and easy enough to sort but as far as lighting for the centre of the shed and / or around perimeter I need to look at best way to go with it fittings wise.

In the centre there will be two hydraulic lifts for bikes where most of the mechanical action will need higher quality light but trying to keep cost decent too. Roof fixing would be via jack chains or similar as has the kind of steel cladding type beams with the hooked bottom channel that Walraven etc.. do clips to fit or threaded rod kind of affair, other thing was thinking was tray between ends of shed where there are mezzanine floors and fixing led non corrosive batten fittings to underside of it.

My client and mate was thinking led floods each end facing down lengthways along shed but I'm thinking that could be a bit blinding if you're walking along either way.

Oh and there is one existing 250W high pressure sodium E40 fitting in there already but not sure it's worth using it ? Prob 5 mins plus start up too ?

Any ideas appreciated.

I would be thinking low or high bay lighting, they do not tend to extend sideways much and so will limit blinding on approach.
Normally around the edges strip fluorescents are common and cheap.

The HPS light is probably the most energy efficient light you can get so if the workshop is used for long periods it is well worth keeping.

Reply to Lighting and power to a new motorcycle workshop trackday business. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back