Discuss lighting automation (disabled home) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

pvuv

Dear All,
i am trying to automate the kitchen
lighting system for a disabled person, converting it to an automated system.

An infrared remote transmitter will replace the switch and remote will be
with the user (wheelchair) to switch the kitchen light on/off.

Attaching
image of the wireless transmitter and existing kitchen switch setup. - the
kitchen switch i believe is connected to IN-OUT single circuit, no earth
-
the wireless tyransmitter has 6 wires to control 4 light switches but only one
will be used.
- there are instruction on the box (image attached) but
unfortunately not very clear.
- any help on remote syncronisation would also
be very helpful.

lighting automation (disabled home) image 1 - EletriciansForums.net lighting automation (disabled home) image 2 - EletriciansForums.net
lighting automation (disabled home) image 2 - EletriciansForums.netlighting automation (disabled home) image 2 - EletriciansForums.net

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5csk4c91t...%2007%2056.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7gmlmx087...%2038%2041.jpg

many
thanks

Hi,
Monkey, I was looking forward to seeing this quality kit ; then I saw the pictures. I see what you mean. Good thing the switch is on an in-out circuit?

Regards.

was about to say that a PIR would be the best way.

Thanks for your reply guys.
1. The switch "monkey" suggested uses iPhone which is not present. (It's a disabled house and not that tech savy). But absolutely agree on the bad quality of device.
2. The other light suggested needs false ceiling which is not present in the kitchen either. It's just a normal tube light.

Any my other suggestions. More than happy to bin my equipment. !!!

Hi all.
1. Absolutely agree. The equipment is amazingly crap.
2. Cannot use lightwave bec it's an iPhone based product. No iPhones in this house. (No smartphone)
3. Pir looks great but the kitchen doesn't have false ceiling. It's just a tube light.

More ore than happy to throw the existing equipment but would be glad to use this or something similar with remote.

Hi,

That's twice today I've seen Tel beaten to the keyboard, must be slowing down ( or on the beer )!

Regards.

I'd go either with a PIR or the lightwave kit, that can be built on in the future to turn on/off sockets and at some point (when they finally put it on the market) control the central heating and all from a remote / smartphone/tablet.

Hi all.
1. Absolutely agree. The equipment is amazingly crap.
2. Cannot use lightwave bec it's an iPhone based product. No iPhones in this house. (No smartphone)
3. Pir looks great but the kitchen doesn't have false ceiling. It's just a tube light.

More ore than happy to throw the existing equipment but would be glad to use this or something similar with remote.
It doesn't need an iphone or any smartphone for that matter! They sell a series of different remotes to control everthing!

Reply to lighting automation (disabled home) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock