Discuss Lighting design courses. Suggestions? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
I am looking to broaden my experience by doing a course on lighting design. You know the type of thing.... lighting up Big Ben or the Forth Bridge in various colours. or just effects lighting for a bar or club? Even basic design for office/industrial spaces
I have been looking on google, and the courses are either a few days long, or a 4 year university course. - There's nothing inbetween that I can see.

Has anyone sat one of these courses, and have you any suggestions/ comments on the course providers?

Ask one of the major lighting companies.

Already looked at LIA. Over a grand for a 4.5 day course hundreds of miles away (I'm in Scotland)
Also looked at OL06 lighting design course at CIBSE, online course for a few hundred. 7 hours duration

I know "you get what you pay for" but does anyone have experience with these providers. Are the certificates worth the paper they are written on?

If it’s your full time job designing lighting then spend the money. Otherwise learn how to use Relux or Dialux free software and play with various light fittings. Remember if a company can’t supply you with ies files or similar the fitting is not worth having. Good luck.

If it’s your full time job designing lighting then spend the money. Otherwise learn how to use Relux or Dialux free software and play with various light fittings. Remember if a company can’t supply you with ies files or similar the fitting is not worth having. Good luck.

Reply to Lighting design courses. Suggestions? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock