Discuss lighting fault? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jimjamjimajam

Just been to a rental property where the tenant reports bulbs blow every couple weeks throughout the flat. Have checked fittings and carried out necessary tests etc but cannot see anything obvious.
Appears to have been rewired within previous 5-6 years.
Any suggestions?

cheap lamps is favourite. replace with the halogen ones.

Vibration is a killer for CFL / halogen lamps. If they are jumping around upstairs, or the people could be on the 'large' side, they will be making the light fittings shake, and causing premature failure of the lamps.

I had this with some kitchen fittings. 4 bar GU10, which would get through a lamp every 2 weeks, even with good lamps.
I changed them to LED over a year ago, and havent been back since (I told them the LEDs were guaranteed for 2 years.so they would ring if one failed.)

Reply to lighting fault? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi we are replacing light fittings in our home. Im confident with the fitting aspect, but have run into doubt in making the right choice of...
Replies
Views
Hi all I don't appear to be able to post in the DIY forum so apologies if this is the wrong place. I live in a block of flats with an external...
Replies
Views
I am not an electrician but am looking for some advice as to how to fix my sporadic light flickering problem that has come and gone for the year...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an unusual issue with a recent rewire I have just completed which I hope you guys can assist with. For background, this is a...
Replies
Views
Hey folks Apologies if my question is too basic. I am an Electrical Engineer but do not work in the field. I am looking for feedback to ensure...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock